Auto Lights - Fuse blown???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmymidnight

Car
W221 S350L
Good afternoon,

It seems my auto lights have stopped working, but I have also noticed that they don't come on when I unlock the car and the interior lights don't come on when I open the doors - they all work when the switches are used, but not automatically? Could this be a fuse issue, and if so, where is the dodgy fuse located?

Car is a 2003 CL500

Thanks in advance!

This is possibly a front signal acquisiiton module (SAM) fault.

You will find the list of fuses in the handbook or use the list in the fuse box itself , if that does not solve it then a diagnostic test via Star is the best way forward.

I've looked through the handbook and it was no help whatsoever with regards to the fuse layout, but thanks. It's going in for a service next week so I might just bite the bullet and get them to look at it there. I was just hoping I could maybe have a look at the fuses first.

The Star computer can carry out a short circuit test as well as testing the SAM units etc. It will probably throw up a lot of old error codes (especially if the battery has ever run low) so it is normal to run the test, print and then clear the codes and run it again to see what remains.

Good luck

Cool, i'll get them to have a look when it goes in. They fitted a new blower and blower regulator a couple of weeks ago so they're getting to know the car quite well now...

So a bit of a revelation (I think) as the auto wipers have also stopped working, however when I put the wipers on manually to setting 2, the lights come on again???

Doesn't this sound like an issue with the light sensor, probably a combination sensor at the top of the windscreen (together with the rain sensor). Could be a loose plug too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom