Auto opening / closing of windows etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone advise how to cure my windows not dropping the 10mm on my CLK 1999 conv when you open and close. I was told I may need a relay changed?

update - windows not open/close via key even when key right up to IRS. But cover it with your hand by making the area very dark, it works, just as suggested by another member here.

i rarely use the system but in warm/hot weather, it does do the trick, ie open windows before you get in, makes a big difference.

Is it an easy fix and how much are the parts please?

Key window/sunroof opening

Hope this hasn't been posted on here previously, I'm a new member on here so not been through everything. I recently bought a C230K AMG and I'm very happy with it, but it had the problem(ish) mentioned in this thread. I did a search on youtube and found this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UOlZtlu7Nw

I followed the detailed description throughout and completed the repair in an hour. Result is fully restored convenience function for no money. Bonus.
It really is an easy fix so good luck anyone needing a quick fix.:bannana:
Kev

only just found out my c63 opens and closes windows when locking and unlocking:doh:

On my recently acquired A200 C169 the feature behaved pretty much as described above - rather erratically. On top of that, the passenger window won't roll up automatically on "press past pressure point" of the main switch, but only for as long as holding it up. Luckily, Olly fixed that in a couple of minutes on STAR at the recent GTG - the window is now functions perfectly, as is the comfort closure feature.

However, I must say, the custom-made one in my old W168 is light years ahead of the original Mercedes one - fast, reliable and works on second press of lock/unlock buttons on remote - I'm going to miss it, when 168 is sold (tomorrow, hopefully).

I have a W220 05 S class 3.2CDI with the same problem, the windows wont open and close using the key fob, but along with this the windows when open whilst driving should close automatically when the recirculation switch is activated and also they should close when the carbon filter is activated. None of the above operate is there a common link between all three which may be faulty.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Have not experienced any problems with this on my old 2007 C class or my current W212 E class.

With some trepidation I've just attempted this repair to the IR sensor, read all the posts here, watched the videos and plucked up the courage to have a go...success, now works perfectly so thanks to all the posters. Hardest part was trying to find the torx screw inside the door !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom