Auto Trader on line descriptions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
why does AutoTrader allow advertisers to "manipulate" the facts.
If I pick up to 50,000 miles in the drop down box, up comes loads of cars with mileages like 88, 56, 97 with the 000 missing. :devil:
Also the first few screens are filled with cars costing £75 :devil: :devil:
These little dodges get their cars on the first screens but its annoying to have to scroll thru them

when I was looking for my car I always started my search from above £500. This helped weed out a lot of the finance options being touted by dealers.

These little dodges get their cars on the first screens but its annoying to have to scroll thru them
Just change the 'from' price so it's not zero.

why does AutoTrader allow advertisers to "manipulate" the facts.
If I pick up to 50,000 miles in the drop down box, up comes loads of cars with mileages like 88, 56, 97 with the 000 missing. :devil:

Thank god someone else notices it.

This really, really pi$$es me off to the point of near psychotic temper.

We pay a fortune to advertise on autotrader.co.uk and play by the rules.

I have gone ape about this many times and last time took it to a very senior level in the trader media group and what it comes down to is £££

They wont clamp down because if they do, it means lost revenue and when you have a £50,000 pcm account like some of the car supermarkets (the worst offenders) of course autotrader dont want to upset them.

The worst is the crooks advertising cars at silly money such as a £8995 at £3995. The customer rings, are told the car is there, turn up and then it transpires it sold during their journey. The car never existed and is there to bring people in and then allow the salesmen to go to work on them.

Again this crooked practice doesnt get penalised.

If we didnt sell 80% of our stock via that medium I would tell them to poke it but they know how effective their product is and can hold people to ransom.

If we didnt sell 80% of our stock via that medium I would tell them to poke it but they know how effective their product is and can hold people to ransom.

Ditto..

Auto Trader have us dealers by the balls.. I pay them over £1000 every month but havent got a leg to stand on if i want to argue..

I pay ebay motors only £150 and i still get a lot of sales from it..

Ditto..

Auto Trader have us dealers by the balls.. I pay them over £1000 every month but havent got a leg to stand on if i want to argue..

I pay ebay motors only £150 and i still get a lot of sales from it..

I first saw my C200K on Ebay, then went to the dealers website from there.
The dealer did ask if I saw an advertisement for the car and where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom