auto trader private seller idiots!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sparky 371

been to look at 2 cars now from private sellers off autotrader

first one agreed a price for a E270 CDi and then pulled out a few hours later just before the agreed exchange cos his new car would be about 4 weeks till delivery

2nd one today- 3 series bmw :ban: has had the car up for sale for a month -got there and the car wouldnt even start

anyone would think that they were just wanting to waste a few quid for the sake of it rather than actually sell the thing they have advertised for sale

i have cash waiting to buy a car and it seems to be the hardest thing in the worls to actually part with it cos of idiotic behaviour:wallbash::wallbash:

ok rant over

I can understand your frustration, but lets look at it objectively, you've seen 2 different cars from two different people, not the end of the world. Some people dont tend to bother with the little details (well big details like charging the battery) when selling a car. They just want to get rid. Others will want to show the car off as best they can by cleaning it, having a portfolio of receipts and service history in order to gain trust from the buyer.

Chin up as they say, there is a car out there for you :thumb:

First one i can understand , i wouldn't want to be without a car for a month , and would probably do the same thing if it was me.

Second one is just lazy / sloppy.

It's not only private sellers. Certain trade sellers can be just as bad.

I've travelled to look at an immaculate S class that was anything but, and if the mileage was genuine, than I am Cindy Crawford.

Second was an E class which was also less than prefect, that I stupidly bought rather than buying a return train ticket.

First one i can understand , i wouldn't want to be without a car for a month , and would probably do the same thing if it was me.

Second one is just lazy / sloppy.
fair point but

1 he should have told me that over the phone before i did a 90 mile round trip

2 he should have known when his car was due and why have it in the trader if he wasnt prepared to sell it- sort of defeats the object

3 he had another car sat in his driveway ( possibly his Mrs but never the less )

There are plenty of genuinely thick people out there, who think that everyone else is equally as thick. I've even had dealer tell me that the alloys on a car were OEM when they were obvioulsy 'Halfords', that scratches would polish out when they're deep enough park in, and that you don't really need tread over all of the tyres.

On the beemer I'm glad he didn't have it fired up. I'm always suspicious of that, I want to see it fire up from clock cold!

If it had run you could have gone home and found it wouldn't run the next day!

m.

Serves you right about the BMW.. stick to your roots boyo lol

sorry Boss i feel suitably chastised now

:D:D:doh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom