Auto watch Ghost installed (Midlands)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc matt

Car
Cls63amg. Turbo d.pipes, decat, Quaife.
Finally had the Autowatch Ghost installed to my car yesterday.

Read about it here:cool:

In a nutshell, it's a very good immobiliser (a bit like the old Clifford blackjack) but instead of pressing the blackjack button you simply press buttons anywhere on the car to disable it. So you enter the vehicle, ignition on, then press your code I.E.: 3 volumes down on the steering wheel, 2 volumes up or 3 left paddle shift, 2 right etc.

Valet mode is good too, if you leave it somewhere with someone where you know it's not to be driven down the road (like a car wash) it will activate if the car is driven over 34mph.

It can also be automatically activated when you get in the car with your phone but the chap who installed it wasn't overly keen on that particular facility so I'm sticking to manual button pressing for now.

The chap who did it is called Dal and his place is called Automotive Solutions and based in Birmingham B421EW which is just 3 minutes drive from M6 junction 7. It took him approx 2 hours and I paid £350. He can be reached on 07976 502 310. He is excellent at his work, very neat and tidy and knows everything about car theft! :D

Dal knows his stuff, offers various security solutions. Alarms, immobilisers and trackers.

Authorised installer to.

Had mine installed yesterday - great peace of mind!

I'm using it with the app, it works brilliantly.
Not sure why it wouldn't be recommended?????

Plasmadaddy said:
Had mine installed yesterday - great peace of mind! I'm using it with the app, it works brilliantly. Not sure why it wouldn't be recommended?????

In case your phone gets pinched? Lol

Had mine installed yesterday - great peace of mind!

I'm using it with the app, it works brilliantly.
Not sure why it wouldn't be recommended?????

I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something to do with the Bluetooth, I'm sure it's nothing and glad you're happy with yours. :cool:

Was yours similarly priced to what I paid? Wondered if there was any fluctuation geographically.

Plasmadaddy said:
Maybe but wouldn't really help unless they had my phones security code as well!!!!

This is a phone we're talking about, no security code for the phone needed when it comes to accessing a phone for those purposes

Perhaps not using the mobile phone option means that Bluetooth can be disabled altogether, reducing the likelihood of someone "hacking" into it.

Can this be removed from your car when you sell up and installed into another vehicle or is it like tracker where it has to stay ?

Well if I owned one of the must steal cars,I would invest £350 in getting protection,after all many are in the £25,000 to £40,000 price bracket,with all this reading of keyless go keys from the road and then just getting in the car and driving off,it would be must first extra money spent on the car.

A friend of mine bought a new Land cruiser about 3 months ago with keyless go, had the car 3 weeks and someone had hijacked the keyless go (stood at his front door with some device to boost the keys range) , got the car open and but couldn't get it started. he how has to place his keys in a lined metal box with tin foil and put it in the microwave. He spoke to Toyota about it and they wasn't bothered (nice when you just gave them close to 65K)

Last edited:
Had a ghost fitted about a year ago now, after a friendly warning from a local copper about recent thefts.
First rate piece of kit, and had no problems at all with it.
Valet mode is useful for when servicing etc. and you can easily change the button combination (code) if you do ever need to let anyone else know.
Highly recommended for peace of mind :thumb:

I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something to do with the Bluetooth, I'm sure it's nothing and glad you're happy with yours. :cool:

Was yours similarly priced to what I paid? Wondered if there was any fluctuation geographically.

I paid 20 quid more - guess that's what you get for living down sarf!!!

On the plus side I feel so much happier having it in place - makes me feel a lot less worried about the scumbags who go round nicking keyless vehicles....

We installed one on a beautiful C205 on Friday. Works a treat.

For those asking about removal when the car sells, yes is the answer.

I mailed Autowatch the other day about authorised installers but heard nothing back as yet.
Anyone had one fitted in the Aberdeen area?

Got mine done on the Wirral - great kit but 399 fitted....

Got mine done on the Wirral - great kit but 399 fitted....

£399 is the RRP fitted.

We offer a discount for forum members. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom