Autocar - Britain's best driver's car 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
autocar.jpg

Might be me, but I'm struggling to work out the significance of the scores.

The Editor states the following in the above blurb

"The Audi RS4 is an astonishing piece of kit"

Yet Chris Harris in a recent Video posted on here reckoned it was an under-steering 'Crate' compared with the Baby 1 series Beemer!

Nowt as fickle as Folk! :rolleyes:

And Autocar don't rate the handling of the 1-Series (this model or previous) yet everyone else does. Strange.

sinewave said:

Yet Chris Harris in a recent Video posted on here reckoned it was an under-steering 'Crate' compared with the Baby 1 series Beemer!

I thought that was the RS3 which was the terminal under steerer

That was the RS3 Chris tested.

No comments about the C63 providing the fastest lap time? :thumb: Come on guys, where's your support for our marque?

Yes you both are correct it was the RS3, my bad! :eek:

My thoughts on the GT86 being the winner - in its current forum it will not become the default car of choice for the 'driver' out there. At 6s a lap slower it simply fails the top trumps test. For the type of car the GT86 is I think buyers would be just as happy to buy a second hand Cayman. If you're going to be slow, you need to be cheap like the MX5 is (relatively).

wemorgan said:
My thoughts on the GT86 being the winner - in its current forum it will not become the default car of choice for the 'driver' out there. At 6s a lap slower it simply fails the top trumps test. For the type of car the GT86 is I think buyers would be just as happy to buy a second hand Cayman. If you're going to be slow, you need to be cheap like the MX5 is (relatively).

Or a used M3 or C63. Too much lightly used tempting metal out there

the slowest car was the best?

So my van is better than a Cayman?

It looks like they have been bunged a few quid.

No comments about the C63 providing the fastest lap time? :thumb: Come on guys, where's your support for our marque?

I thought the C63 would have been tail happy, so I'm quiet impressed by the quickest lap time!

tasn1 said:
I thought the C63 would have been tail happy, so I'm quiet impressed by the quickest lap time!

And surprised by autocars lack of illustrating this. If that had been a Jag it would have made the cover story, as it were...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom