Autodoc customer service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Arghhh!!!!! Autodoc customer service is appalling!

I've used Autodoc before and never had any trouble, apart from the 2 week wait for stuff to arrive.

However, recently I ordered the stuff to service my W211 (RHD).

Their parts selector indicated a Mann FP3172 pollen filter, amongst other parts that I bought.

Upon removing the old filter, it became obvious that the 3172 was not correct, partly because the old filter was a 3172/1 and also because they are a mirror image of each other.

Yes, you could flip the filter over to get it to fit, but then the direction of air flow would be incorrect.

I contacted Autodoc about this, providing photos of the filters, housing, car, VIN, etc.... They responded telling me that their technical department says it can be mounted! They seem unable grasp the simple fact that it would be upside-down and therefore have air travelling the wrong direction.

I have exchanged more emails than I care to count, yet still they are being awkward and not just accepting a return or issuing a refund! Arghhh!!!

Exactly why I'm wary of using them. ;)

I make a point of always checking manufacturers part numbers are compatible before ordering from third party suppliers and seldom use their advisor tool.

When trying to get a LUK flywheel for a Ford from ECP they couldn't tell me the part number.
Found it buried in the Google search result of the html code for the page.

How much difference would it really make fitted upside down?
Might be your easiest solution or contact manufacturer direct then revert to Autodoc with the result.

Exactly why I'm wary of using them. ;)

I make a point of always checking manufacturers part numbers are compatible before ordering from third party suppliers and seldom use their advisor tool.

When trying to get a LUK flywheel for a Ford from ECP they couldn't tell me the part number.
Found it buried in the Google search result of the html code for the page.

How much difference would it really make fitted upside down?
Might be your easiest solution or contact manufacturer direct then revert to Autodoc with the result.
I don't honestly know how much difference the flow direction makes. However, as the manufacturer indicates a direction of flow, I imagine there must be a reason?

I've used them for large stuff but not filters etc. Were they that much cheaper than ECP etc?

I've used them a few times, not the easiest to confirm parts but great on price.

I've just placed orders with

Autdoc
Carparts4less
and ECP because the pricing was wildy varying..

Hopefully all arrive in the next 2 weeks!

I have just spoken to my CC company to look at raising a dispute. Let's see if that helps things along.

Always been happy with autodoc. Ordered filters etc with no issues.
What I suspect you’ve done is ordered the LHD car version, easily done. You need to double check under item specifics & in future double check part numbers either with their tech department who do VIN lookup or manufacturer catalogs (this is what I do)

Always been happy with autodoc. Ordered filters etc with no issues.
What I suspect you’ve done is ordered the LHD car version, easily done. You need to double check under item specifics & in future double check part numbers either with their tech department who do VIN lookup or manufacturer catalogs (this is what I do)
Yep.

However, with that in mind, a return should be simple enough, but oh no!

Currently waiting to see if the get back to me, as promised in their response to my Trustpilot review.

Appears their "technical support" can't read manufacturers catalogues. Refer them to Mann website that clearly shows that FP3172 is for LHD and FP3172/1 for RHD. They are not interchangeable.

Fitting instructions are also available under the above link.

1606324980793.png

1606325022425.png

Appears their "technical support" can't read manufacturers catalogues. Refer them to Mann website that clearly shows that FP3172 is for LHD and FP3172/1 for RHD. They are not interchangeable.

Fitting instructions are also available under the above link.

View attachment 105250

View attachment 105251
I sent them a screen grab of that information! Still, they tried telling me that the 3172 was suitable for a RHD car!

I sent them a screen grab of that information! Still, they tried telling me that the 3172 was suitable for a RHD car!
Just email them saying you wish to return the item. You don’t even need to give a reason? or just sell it on eBay.

8E639A60-0927-469C-8320-30F7F569A647.png7EAC0033-CD10-45DF-9293-6A86EE0839A0.png

Just had a quick look on their App (as I have my old 211 setup on there for parts lookup) - although they list both filters they are clearly labelled for LHD and RHD vehicles as appropriate?

I think the mistake is on your part, not theirs.

You should still be able to return the filter I would have thought, but by the time you pay return postage is it really worth it for a £9 filter? :doh:

View attachment 105262View attachment 105263

Just had a quick look on their App (as I have my old 211 setup on there for parts lookup) - although they list both filters they are clearly labelled for LHD and RHD vehicles as appropriate?

I think the mistake is on your part, not theirs.

You should still be able to return the filter I would have thought, but by the time you pay return postage is it really worth it for a £9 filter? :doh:
That's the CU, not FP filter. However, I've not disputed clicking the wrong choice, albeit the only one of the FP that they had in stock and suggested as suitable.
The biggest issue, to me, is their complete lack of help and argumentative attitude in dealing with a return.

A7AB13E3-B731-46BC-85EE-8AFC6A1CAB3D.png
FP 3172 comes up as well showing for LHD vehicles on their site?

Worth noting that Autodoc offer a ‘safe order’ option @ £3.95 whereby you can return any items you wish, for whatever reason for upto 200 days after purchase. And they cover all the return shipping costs too.

I’m sorry but I don’t think your CC company or PayPal etc would cover this as it clearly states that part is for LHD vehicles.

Worth noting that Autodoc offer a ‘safe order’ option @ £3.95 whereby you can return any items you wish, for whatever reason for upto 200 days after purchase. And they cover all the return shipping costs too.

I’m sorry but I don’t think your CC company or PayPal etc would cover this as it clearly states that part is for LHD vehicles.
Having read some other reviews, even their 'Safe Order' scheme proves problematic when someone wants to return something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom