Autodoc "Warning"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chic0821

MB Enthusiast
Car
S63 AMG Coupe, Range Rover Sport, 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
Ordered Brembo discs for my S63 AMG Coupe on 18 Dec. Checked the tracking, and they were with shipping company on 22 Dec, but since then nothing. The tracking is still the same, so emailed them today. They answered quickly. Here is part of the email

(We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience created.

Due to COVID-19 and Brexit, the package has been stuck somewhere on its way to you, because we are not allowed to send goods without official permission from the UK government, so we have nothing to do with that and surely we CANNOT influence the delivery.

Our company is doing its best to make the shipping possible to come to an agreement with the delivery companies.
Once we receive any further updates from the department in charge, we will let you know.)

Nowhere on their website does it say that there will or may be delays
Luckily I am not in a hurry so I shall give them to the end of the week to see if they get back to me as according to their reply its left hanging in the air. If I dont hear anything, guess its a refund.
So, check when you will expect a delivery when ordering from them.

Interesting article in the paper yesterday, a lot of European companies have decided not to ship to the UK in future.
They have to now register for UK VAT so along with all the other paperwork it is not worthwhile the hassle.

Last edited:
Interesting article in the paper yesterday, a lot of European companies have decided not to ship to the UK in future.
They have to now register for UK VAT so along with all the other paperwork it is not worthwhile the hassle.

This is part of a wider change where VAT is charged at point of sale rather than when goods cross a border. It has been mooted for some time.

The UK leaving the EU makes this more complicated - but it was happening anyway for businesses outside the EU.

AIUI businesses can avoid registering for UK VAT (or UK businesses registering for EU VAT) if they use an intermediary such as the equivalent of Ebay or Amazon marketplace.

It mainly affects direct sales to consumers.

I ordered from them back in December, and was told they were posted, I waited a few days, I kept checking there site every day for updates, but it never changed for nearly a week, so I asked for a refund and got it

I'm awaiting an order dispatched on 21 December from their sister company, buycarparts.co.uk. Thanks for the post above, it explains why my stuff has not arrived (and why I voted against leaving)

I just found-out that the German websites selling MB parts that I have used in the past, have stopped shipping to the UK since 1st January. I guess this explains why.

For some reason people will deal with sellers out of the country, so we should expect this to happen .I thought Autodoc had a stockist web site in the UK . And i would buy from the UK first . Any problems with you item, then its expensive and time consuming to return them .Also when asking for a part at Autodoc even with your vin number they will show you 4 or 5 items that fit your cart then its up to you to choose the right one . Without you knowing just what your part number it is a maze .

Its the UK website that answered my email. As I said previously they asked for my Vin yesterday & then replied saying it was the correct part that I had ordered. (Not sure why they did that as the part was supposed to be shipped mmmm!!!!) also added to the email

As promised the request to the delivery company was made.

Now we are looking forward your patience and understanding.

If you'll have any other questions, feel free to contact us anytime.

Will give them a few days, gives me time to look for alternative. Their price was good at £125

Hold the press! Just looked up tracking after writing this, some movement, here is latest tracking, so will see what happens now with this latest lockdown.
05.01.202106:25The package has arrived at the parcel centre.United Kingdom

For some reason people will deal with sellers out of the country, so we should expect this to happen .I thought Autodoc had a stockist web site in the UK . And i would buy from the UK first . Any problems with you item, then its expensive and time consuming to return them .Also when asking for a part at Autodoc even with your vin number they will show you 4 or 5 items that fit your cart then its up to you to choose the right one . Without you knowing just what your part number it is a maze .
There are a number of reasons that people may deal with sellers outside of this country, and up until 2300 on 31/12/2020 I have been happy to do so. Maybe I should have expected this to happen, oh, hang on, I did expect crap like this to happen and that's why I didn't vote for it.
Up until my latest transaction I have been happy with the service I have received from them, looking up the OEM number for what you need isn't too onerous. I do not blame them for the current situation and if they choose not to deal with UK customers directly in the future I would not blame them. I am sure that when this competition is out of the market the likes of GSF and ECP will "look after" us.

A quick update. All the time that I was typing the above defence of buying from the EU the box containing my latest purchase has been sitting on my doorstep! I saw the courier drop something off earlier and gave him the thumbs up but forgot all about it. Take this as a sign that some things are still getting through.

Short sighted companies, its not difficult to register in UK for VAT and Autodoc already have a presence in UK, or so i thought.

It will take time for things to settle down but most EU companies will continue selling to UK customers IMO.

It will take time for things to settle down but most EU companies will continue selling to UK customers IMO.
I agree, but guess that depends a lot on how much of their business was to UK customers vs the increased costs now associated with that.

Result, Had another update, parcel being delivered today. Well, its just arrived, not opened yet, so hope its ok. Take back any criticism of Autodoc:banana::banana::)👍

Martyn. i am glad that you have taken delivery of the parts you ordered . But as long as you know , just what parts you need by knowing the part numbers . Then yes they are good to deal with . I have had quite a few items from them . But you dont know what parts to choose , after looking at the list of the parts that they show you , even after providing Autodoc with your vin number . My favorite web site is Parts in Motion . Sent for a pair of Bosch fuel pumps on Saturday last , and at 10 pm to day they turned up . And Mercedes Benz of Newcastle for original MB parts .

Follow up email from Autodoc asking if I had received my parts. Must give credit to them, as soon as I asked about the slow delivery, they were quickly on to it & replied to all my emails extremely quickly. Lots of companies bury their heads in the sand & do not reply. 5 star as far as I am concerned & will certainly use them again. May have been a bit too fast in putting it into the public domain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom