Autogearbox problem Gl 420

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Morsalmik

Car
Gl420
To start hello from a newbie and apologies if it's already been asked but have searched and can't find answer . Driving along earlier pulled upto a roundabout and lost all forward drive it went about 50 yards then nothing got reverse any ideas what it could be . Tia . Car has done 99000 miles and had gearbox service done at 97000 miles . No prior problems no warning

Hi thanks is going to be first on list just need to find were to check

I would try Google. Your car may not be supplied with dipstick? That being so, you can get them on ebay. If no dip stick present then the tubs is usually covered by a black plastic cap that pulls off. Whoever serviced the box would have removed it and red tab that locks it is possibly missing. Just be sure you are di[ing the gearbox and NOT the engine (this has been done by many in error) as the engine usually has no dipstick either.

Update gone to car this morning and all seems ok drives done about 20 miles . Also did a reset on gearbox that found online and seems ok

Probably low oil level, when was it last serviced? Should have been serviced twice at that mileage, you cant check the level yourself as its a 7 speed.

If you lost drive I doubt the issue has gone away. The 7 g boxes are not good at being run low on oil ( oil pump bearing not a good design and you could end up with damage ).
I'd still get the fluid level checked

Thanks I am going to book in to get checked . I purchased car in June on 91000 miles and had good service history . Had gearbox serviced at 97000 miles car has now done 100000 miles . WG M-B how much would you charge to have a look for me

Thanks I am going to book in to get checked . I purchased car in June on 91000 miles and had good service history . Had gearbox serviced at 97000 miles car has now done 100000 miles . WG M-B how much would you charge to have a look for me

Call or email tomorrow and we can discuss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom