Autoglass disaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nicko

Car
E300 Turbodiesel
Had a bit of a chip on my windscreen and thought i'd get it repaired before winter.I have no windscreen cover on my insurance and took it to autoglass today.This is what happened,i now need a new screen:mad:

View attachment 19817

Last edited:
sorry to hear that - did their attempts to fix it cause that? Can they be held liable?

Love the ruler by the way - Raphael and Leonardo if I'm not mistaken :)

Cool ruler!

WTF did they do?

I had a disaster with an old car while removing the windscreen wipers, I didn't have windscreen cover either. I left it a week and added it to my policy, then left it a further week and put in a claim.

S

I was told beforehand that it might happen,so i think not.

Cool ruler!

WTF did they do?

I had a disaster with an old car while removing the windscreen wipers, I didn't have windscreen cover either. I left it a week and added it to my policy, then left it a further week and put in a claim.

S
They tried to repair it like they show on tv.That is my favourite ruler.

So Autoglass want 400 odd pound to fit a new screen(its the rain sensing one)or if i supply it myself £90 to fit.Anyone got one in their shed?

That windscreen cover on the insurance seems quite cheap now huh?

Gotta love those turtles!

Wouldnt it be cheaper to upgrade your insurance to fully comp that comes with windscreen cover and then get it replaced soon after?

I have heard that some of the nationals will give huge discounts. Certainly the insurance companys will not be paying £400. Might be worth phoning around.

So Autoglass want 400 odd pound to fit a new screen(its the rain sensing one)or if i supply it myself £90 to fit.Anyone got one in their shed?

The bonded windscreen is well nigh impossible to remove intact without damaging it , so a used replacement is unlikely .

They are taking the P*ss. Pre 2003 £155 fitted, Post 2003 £205 fitted + VAT rain sensing type.

I have no windscreen cover on my insurance

Why would you not have windscreen cover? I can't recall seeing it as an option - normally it's just included, isn't it?

Wouldnt it be cheaper to upgrade your insurance to fully comp that comes with windscreen cover and then get it replaced soon after?

This would be fraud as the damage has occurred before policy inception date.

Pontoneer said:
The bonded windscreen is nigh on impossible to remove intact

Wrong. Bonded windscreens can be removed quite easily with no damage to it, or the car for that matter.

@Roberto Mercini - re: liability issue: every stonechip repair carries a risk of it cracking further. It is standard practice to highlight - and disclaim - this risk before attempting the repair. Some repairers will offer a concession 'in the event of...' but the risk is realistic and therefore you should never expect a repairer to accept blame should the damage crack-off.

OP: if you're still stuck, I can put you in touch with someone reliable in your area?

They are taking the P*ss. Pre 2003 £155 fitted, Post 2003 £205 fitted + VAT rain sensing type.

Well that was the quote i got from autoglass yesterday.

Where are those prices from? I would pay £205 for a screen.

Why would you not have windscreen cover? I can't recall seeing it as an option - normally it's just included, isn't it?

I think its only covered if you're fully comp

Glassman,if you could put me in touch with someone who is not going to charge me an arm and a leg.Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom