Autoglass windscreen calibration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam09

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350cdi coupe sport obs black
Has anyone had their replaced windscreen calibrated at an autoglass site? They are asking for £41 on top of my excess fee (£75) however they are a 50mile round trip away, my nearest mb dealer is 1 mile away.. has anyone had the dealer calibrate the windscreen? If so, What price am I looking at? Insurance will be covering it anyway..

Adjusts the auto-wiper sensor calibration to match the colour of the new screen. Not commonly required. MB would charge 30-60min labour

Should be free as part of the change. Had mine changed and Autoglass Tech had to come out 3 times before he sorted it. Auto Wipers and lights work a treat.

Don't see why you should have to pay this

National Windscreens did mine last October. No calibration necessary if you have a fitter who knows what they are doing.
If it needs doing, that should be part of the fitting service IMO

Guess it depends on how good a pattern part the screen is.

Mine was included last year. I imagine it depends on the insurers though?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I had mine done by auto glass recently.

The wipers were a little less "smart" after it was replaced, but not that big a deal.

The main problem is now, there's bubbles in the sensor and it kind of grosses me out looking at it. Doesn't seem to have affected the operation too much.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 58
Speak to your insurance company, I'm sure they will sort it out unless there is some small print in your policy

Had my Qashqai windscreen done last Saturday in Preston.

The camera behind rearview mirror needed to be calibrated to pick up road signs.

Told on phone by Autoglass that I would have to pay extra for calibration.

Spoke to insurers,Liverpool Victoria, who said I would have to pay and then reclaim.

Took car in all done and was just asked for excess of £90.

Calibration took about 20 minutes.

Take Care
David

bob6600 said:
Don't see why you should have to pay this
They said i have to pay extra cos the mobile technician came out and replaced the glass instead of me going to one of their centres.. I would have went to the centre in the first place had I known beforehand!

AMGeed said:
National Windscreens did mine last October. No calibration necessary if you have a fitter who knows what they are doing. If it needs doing, that should be part of the fitting service IMO
It would have been included but they never stated I would have to pay on top if a mobile technician came out and replaced it instead of me going in to the centre..

i-CONICA said:
I had mine done by auto glass recently. The wipers were a little less "smart" after it was replaced, but not that big a deal. The main problem is now, there's bubbles in the sensor and it kind of grosses me out looking at it. Doesn't seem to have affected the operation too much.
Ugh that's weird :/ I'd have them fix that!

^ Autoglass pulled your pants down.
Mine was prebooked and fitted on the driveway. Just the excess to pay (£65)
20161031_132941_zpsfnnnzcf7.jpg

Last edited:
bob6600 said:
Speak to your insurance company, I'm sure they will sort it out unless there is some small print in your policy
Yes insurance are saying they will cover the extra charge but even they are baffled by autoglass's stance.. i think I might go to the dealer instead for the calibration.. I don't like autoglass shoddy approach, they booked me in but didn't send me the email confirming details for where I actually need to go!

Think I'm going to go to my dealer, I don't care about the cost especially if it's a quick job and insurance will be covering it anyway.. pointless travelling 50 mile round trip for a 20-30 min job when my dealer is a mile away..

I Had Autoglass do my e55k Screen last month, Only cost me the usual £75 excess on my fleet policy.

merc85 said:
I Had Autoglass do my e55k Screen last month, Only cost me the usual £75 excess on my fleet policy.
Which brand of glass they fit? I had guardian fitted but beforehand they said they would fit pilkington :/

Originally I had wanted an OEM screen but insurance wouldn't have it, wanted extra £140 on top of £75 excess so I said no way, but what they did say is, it's pilkington just like mb dealers glass but without mb logo! So I accepted pilkington but instead they turned up with a guardian screen! So no more money going to autoglass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom