Autoglym Detail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Well we had lovely weather today and so I couldn't resist the next phase of the ongoing project which is detailing my car!

I mainly use Autoglym products which range from Excellent to very good. The products used were as per the photo.

20150502_113808_zpsov0okuh5.jpg

One of my favourite products is Extra Gloss Protection. As long as you keep it off of Glass and plastic then it yields great results.

Extra Gloss Protection on Bonnet.

Badge_zpshav9qmz5.jpg

A%20bonnet_zpstha7fucn.jpg

and on the Carbon Spoiler

Carbon%20spoiler_zps9mv7f8so.jpg

Wheels get Demon Wash then Jet Washed, then dried and then AG Wheel Sealant on them which you allow to dry before buffing.

AMG%20badge_zpstreoqse5.jpg

Pedals get done with AG Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner

a%20pedal_zpsulcuf631.jpg

as does the plastic trim inside. Leather gets done with Gliptone quick Leather cleaner.

A%20interior_zpsfpfgzfzc.jpg

A%20trim_zpsk8fkhoz9.jpg

DSCN0966_zpssi1emsug.jpg

The Pan roof after much experimenting with cleaners is now getting done with AG Glass Polish (try to not get it on anything but the glass bits!)

A%20pan%20roof_zpsumudpjhr.jpg

A Pillar. Rubber done with AG Vinyl and not buffed for glossy finish. Paint work done with Extra Gloss Protection and Glass with AG Glass Polish. None of them must get on each other.

A%20pillar_zpsh9fb9fbu.jpg

Autosol on the exhausts

Autosol_zpskbte4sqt.jpg

Nearly done!

A%20wing_zpscggxdok4.jpg

Time for a sit down!

Looks great

My mate and I are also big fans of AG - Have you ever considered buying their trade gallon drums and their spray bottles? it'll stretch so much longer and cost less

The HD wax is also a great product

No I guess I could have a look though. I do get through a fair bit :)

Looking fantastic as always!
How do you do the pedals - I can only seem to do them in 'straight lines' - I cant get around the rubber dimples.

Looking fantastic as always!
How do you do the pedals - I can only seem to do them in 'straight lines' - I cant get around the rubber dimples.

I just spray AG Vinyl and rubber cleaner on the pedal and then just keep working a micro fibre cloth until it is shining. If I have a bit that won't clean then a Poundland toothbrush does the job!

There may individually be better products but you can't beat the AG range. Now, all you need to do is come round and show me how you did that splendid job. :D

Essex and Kent aren't that far apart maybe we'll meet up at a GTG sometime. Obsidian Black will be a similar challenge to mine!

The ag glass polish is the best thing I have found for glass, a very good product.

The ag glass polish is the best thing I have found for glass, a very good product.

I agree. I'd tried loads of glass cleaners and sprays before going back to AG Glass Polish.

Great colour combo of the interior, beautiful :)

Why thank you :) It is Sahara Beige and it needs cleaned with Gliptone quick cleaner every two weeks but I still love it! The wood is Black Ash.

Honestly looks superb :) love the Black ash. Not keen on the brushed alloy some 212's have.

According to the first owner's original invoice he went a bit nuts with the seat spec. The Leather seats were £1350, Memory seats £1095, Ventilated seats £700 =£3145 on seats!!!

You could buy 2 cars for that amount! Bangernomics.

Looking great as always. As mention you can buy trade 5litre packs of the polish/EGP/Wash, some Halfords stock them.

Personally I find there are better products but if you are happy and the results to look good.

Remember to pop out the rear tow hook eye cover and removes the white residue from it!

S

Great interior Colour combination. Very similar to the S-Class, mine has Piano Black.

Is going to be a keeper?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the first owner's original invoice he went a bit nuts with the seat spec. The Leather seats were £1350, Memory seats £1095, Ventilated seats £700 =£3145 on seats!!!

My daughter just ordered a 3-seater Natuzzi leather sofa costing more than that! So £3K for seats in a car that will be used a lot isn't that bad at all.

Great interior Colour combination. Very similar to the S-Class, mine has Piano Black.

Is going to be a keeper ?

Yes Peter this one is a keeper :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom