Autoglym glass cleaner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan2014

Hi can anyone tell me the difference between autoglym fast glass and autoglym glass polish?
Thanks
Dan

I believe the polish is a bit more powerful, whereas the Fast Glass is in a spray bottle for quick easy use but both do the same job really!

As above - the polish is excellent - you can use on the windscreen no problems & it really cleans the crud off

Top tip: use some steel wool on grimy windows (the finest grade you can buy, which is '0000')

Just rub the steel wool over the windscreen little by little.

Also takes thick soot off chrome exhaust tips without scratching them. I swear by it.

Ok thanks! Do you think the polish will be ok for using on my tinted windows??

Fast Glass will NOT get the glass super smooth clean, but WILL get them clean after you have polished them once with the polish and wire wool (i use a green scourer pad).

Fast Glass is good (IMHO) as it smear free and easy.

Ok thanks! Do you think the polish will be ok for using on my tinted windows??

Will be fine if it's a factory tint.

If it's an after market film then I would use a fairly mild cleaner and non-abrasive cloth - even more so if it has been recently tinted.

Read the bottle and it will often say whether it is safe to use on tinted windows. Ammonia is one of the killer ingredients. Not all harsh chemical-based car window cleaners damage tint though and be careful not to use rough textured paper towels or cloths.

use the polish outside only, fast glass everywhere afterwards

Hi, I used to use AG glass cleaner but then discovered Meguiars perfect clarity glass cleaner, it doesn't smear as much as the AG and I find it much easier to use.

Darren

As the rest of the guys have said. One is a very mild abrasive polish for exterior glass and the other is an IPA based glass cleaner fluid. Like the guys have said the glass cleaner can be used inside and out. But only use the polish for the exterior glass as it will interfere with the interior glass film which will inevitably make smeary. Tints will have no problems as it's obviously tinted from the inside so polishing the glass exterior is fine. I would advise to stay away from fine wire wool as though glass is a very hard compound if you do scratch it. Trust me it'll be harder to take out. If you want to remove contaminant from exterior glass prior to polishing use a clay bar. To be fair, after you clay the car you should use the clay at to clay all your glass. Then just give them an IPA wipedown to remove clay sling.

Hope this helps a bit more

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom