Autoglym HD wax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Hope this is the correct section, sorry if not but has anyone used Autoglym HD wax before? if so how did you find it?

Thanks in advance:thumb:

Hi Merc85. I suspect this post would get a lot more comment and input if you added it to the Detailing section of the forum. I have found these guys to be a wealth of knowledge with personal reviews and recommendations. I have not heard of Autoglym HD, but I look forward to hearing all about it when the Detailing guys get into it.

Regards.
Greg

Joking aside, I had it applied to a few of my black motors and it was very good, just needed a wipe really but it'd get a wash and it lasted a good six months (until I sold the car!)

Its a good product however involves more effort than some other waxes, good results though.

Cheers Greg, it was detailing or paint care section lol looks like i got it wrong:doh:

Fingers crossed on the replies ;)

I've used for a few years, now on my second tub. I clayed the car first then used Autoglym Super Resin Polish then a couple of coats of wax. Looked really nice after that until the birds began their rain of terror :D

Hope this is the correct section, sorry if not but has anyone used Autoglym HD wax before? if so how did you find it?

Thanks in advance:thumb:

Hi Merc85

As I'm not prepared to pay for the paint protection thingy when I buy my cars, I protect them with the HD wax and I find it's really good. It's hard work but gives the car a great shine and I only really do it twice per year so the car is pretty easy to clean.

You'll find various opinions under the detailing section but I find it to be a good product.

Regards

I've tried a good few waxes, including Swisswax Onyx at high price, but Autoglym HD is my preferred choice. Apply with the damp applicator and polish off, lovely long lasting shine. These days I use it after 3M polish - expensive, should be applied with a DA, but excellent.

Thankyou for the replies peeps, Ive heard alot of good things said so will be giving it a try :)

Agree with above.

Car needs to be slayed or polished with something "cleansing" first, but you do get a great shine.

Collinite works for me too. It's all in the prep. Wash, clay, polish, wax.

Agree. I need to put a layer on before the rubbish weather sets in but ideally need a day of good weather to do a proper job. Which reminds me, I need to order some poor boys black hole polish :)

Black hole is excellent stuff. I use it too before waxing. It's got a small amount of fillers in ti too so covers a multitude of sins!

I use the HD wax on my white car and it is superb but not so good on the wife's silver car, conversely a Maguires wax works well on my wife's car but not so good on white. I have no idea why this seems to be so though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom