Autoglym LifeShine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63chris

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL63 + BMW 335d Touring
whats people’s views and experiences. Buying a car and dealer offering to add this to the feel FOC. My instinct is no thanks as my experience of dealer applied paint protection not good but they are saying this has a lifetime guarantee

Follow your instincts, matters little what others might think if you're uncomfortable with it ...

Follow your instinct for sure.

It is essentially an old school co-polymer sealant which was revolutionary in the 90's, things have moved on somewhat since then with the many ceramic coatings now on the market.

It is also only as good as the preparation carried out beforehand and the person applying it, most dealer valeter's will give the car a basic wash, dry and apply the product, start to finish about an hour, they may even get 90 mins if they are lucky that's inside and out. Needless to say that's not going to go well and why most dealer applied products have a bad reputation, especially among enthusiasts.

cheers,

Chris

Thanks. Yes it’s free but I can see me not being happy with it. Had Star Guard or whatever applied to my C63 when I bought it and they applied it over tar spots which drove me mad! Will say no and pay a detailer to do it properly. Just wondered if it was a new product and any good though obviously takes nothing away for need for good prep.

Pay a detailer to do the job properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom