Autoglym Site by Make It Bead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Original thread seems to have disappeared now ?

I could do with one too, mine seems very temperamental...

car-polish.jpg

The B*W or the polisher?

ill swap you 10 polishers for your version ;)

Yes we do the meguiars g220v2 see here: Meguiars G220v2 Polisher Dual Action Porter Cable

Ive just taken in a huge order or wash mitts, microfiber cloths, wax applicator pads, terry towels and tyre dressing sponges if anyone is intrested i can put a MBClub package together

The origional post has been deleted but the op still hasnt got his wax, seems royal mail are trying though!

We have tried to deliver your item from our CHESSINGTON Delivery Office before 11:52 on 29/07/11 and we have left a while you were out card.

All the best

Roy

makeitbead said:
ill swap you 10 polishers for your version ;)

Yes we do the meguiars g220v2 see here: Meguiars G220v2 Polisher Dual Action Porter Cable

Ive just taken in a huge order or wash mitts, microfiber cloths, wax applicator pads, terry towels and tyre dressing sponges if anyone is intrested i can put a MBClub package together

All the best

Roy

I would be interested in an mbclub package like this...

From another Doncasterian, even closer this time, not too far away from the Hare and Tortoise...

Well, makeitbead, looks like what started as a negative thread has now turned around and worked very well for you. Good luck with it - and you'll find the chaps here very agreeable I'm sure ;)

Thnx Roy for the reply,very interested on that GV220 but I can get it on eBay for £170
I'd be hapier buying from you though so what can you do for a group buy of say 10?

whenever i'm worried about the validity of a web site; i look under the 'contact us' or 'about us' section for a business address and phone numbers etc. this goes a long way to establishing a physical presence for an online retailer... and adds that layer of 'security' for the end consumer.

Good evening everyone.
What I have written below is my version of events and the reasons why I became suspicious of the website(s) in question. I have since received my goods in good order.
I have previously been a victim of fraud where a bank account and credit card was opened in my name, unknown to me.

I originally branded the said website(s) as a scam, in my opinion, for very good reasons at the time. However, as I also originally wrote, I am big and ugly enough to apologise and to admit when I am wrong. It this case, I have been proved wrong. It was unfair, and unjust of me to make these accusations and in light of this I am happy to apologise to Roy.
This will be my ONLY post on the subject and I do not wish to enter into any further discussions either on or off the forum about this matter, as I have seen similar threads go on for weeks and weeks, turning into heated arguments which are neither constructive nor add any closure to such matters. Usually a Moderator will close the thread as it would no longer benefit anyone.

Ok, so I read the reviews on Autoglym HD Wax and fancied giving it a try. I did the usual Google search and thought I’d order it from a professional looking website Autoglym High Definition Wax - Autoglym HD Wax - Make it Bead.
I read through the website and it offered next day delivery if ordered before 3pm. I ordered it after 3pm on Mon 25th July, so as per the website, it should have been dispatched on Tues 26th July with delivery to me taking place on Wed 27th July, by UK Mail, as stated on the website. Great, I thought. When it didn’t arrive on Wed 27th July I called the number on the website. This is when the alarm bells started to ring.

I must also add that Roy stated in his forum post, that he posted the goods on the 26th July. That in fact was not the case. This was proven when I looked at the Royal Mail tracking site and it stated that it was posted via his local Post Office on the 28th July, the very next day after I posted my original thread. I also sent Roy an email enquiring as to why the goods were not sent next day, to which I received no reply.
My suspicions were raised due to the follow:

1-The initial contact number on Autoglym High Definition Wax - Autoglym HD Wax - Make it Bead was a mobile

2-I found another contact number, (an 0800 number) on another of Roy’s websites Terms & Conditions, which when I called it, the person answering knew nothing about any of these websites and said they were a cleaning company and nothing to do with sales or car products.

3-When I ‘checked out’ my purchase and was making payment, the website said the transaction was ‘Verified by Visa’ but like every other ‘Verified by Visa’ payment I have made online, the ‘Verified by Visa’ box popped up. Not this time.

4-When I clicked ‘Track my order’ on the website, it took me to a duff page-Error 404 (very worrying)

5-I checked my Visa account online and saw the payment had been taken by ‘xbox360fixkit.co.uk‘ (normally when buying online, if the name will appear differently on your statement, then you would normally be notified at the checkout stage)

6-I further Googled some of Roy’s microsites and found several references to them and Roy, and how dissatisfied previous customers have been and that they felt they had been ripped off and Roy hadn’t provided the services promised.

So, look at it from my point of view, with the above points ringing alarm bells in my ears, I thought it best to warn fellow forum members, for which I have a huge amount of respect, of what I initially thought was a scam, and I believe in light of these points, for very good reason.
Once again, I hereby do apologise to Roy, and thank him for sending the goods, but I think it would be in his and potential customers’ interests to perhaps make some improvements to his websites to prevent a re-occurrence of this.
As I said earlier, I am big enough, and certainly ugly enough to apologise where I may have done wrong.
I hope this now clears the matter up and brings final closure.

Jim.

Thnx Roy for the reply,very interested on that GV220 but I can get it on eBay for £170
I'd be hapier buying from you though so what can you do for a group buy of say 10?

I am also very interested in the GV220 polisher and can collect as I don't live far from Dony.
Will await the best price and I have cash waiting :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom