Autoglym srp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xkillz

Thinking about purchasing a auto glum kit and the. Clay bar kit and just wondering how long srp will last as its included in the kit

Thinking about purchasing a auto glum kit and the. Clay bar kit and just wondering how long srp will last as its included in the kit
Hi. Three or four washes but use in very small amounts on a cool grey day and leave an hour to dry before polishing up. :bannana::bannana:

As above, SRP is not very durable but it's a great filler. Work it in with a couple of coats after a good claying: first pass buff firmly, second much more gently. I'd recommend a good wax afterwards to seal in the results.

I use Collinite 476s which keeps the finish for months and makes washing easier.

Use it on a slightly damp micro fibre cloth, makes applying and removing easier and makes a little go a long way.
On mines it carries on beading for longer than any other product I've used, it's been 4 weeks since I applied it, but it's gone in for some work, will see how long it carries on beading and looking good.

Ideal whether now, will protect it for winter, do the wheels as well. This is a nightmare to apply on a warm day

There is the 'new improved version' which does seem to last about 1 month however, it really is just a filler heavy glaze.

I put a coat on a few weeks back and followed it up with two coats of EGP (Extra Gloss Protection), finish looked amazing. I will put a couple of coats of 476s on whenever it stops raining here just to ensure it is fully protected during Winter. Although to be honest, it probably already is.

Always used SRP after claying on all my cars.

I really rate it, it fills swirls nicely, I'm a keen detailer and apply a sealant after- Have used EGP but currently using a Poorboys one, I then finish off with wax- either Collinite or Dodo Juice.

This lasts a good few months and offers lovely beading.

Use SRP on mine after claying then followed by a couple of coats of Autoglym HD wax.

I think that SRP is a very god product, especially when used with a sealant. I t does have some correction properties but is very mild so you cant go too wrong. I have only recently replaced it with Autofiness Tripple as I use their Spirit wax but the two items are very similar performing.

Only thing I've found with SRP is that it has so much white filler that all creases or where rubber seals are along the paintwork - fill with the white and are a swine to get off! All round the windscreen, windows etc, and do not get it on the hood of a cabriolet!!

My preference was AG Bodyshop 01B hard polish, but guess what, they no longer make it!!

2 of my favourite car-cleaning products get a mention above; big fan of SRP but make sure not to get it on anything but the paintwork, it's a b*tch to get off plastic trim.

Colly 476 is good too, I use this after the SRP.

EBay was cheaper than the local car spares for this last time I bought.

Can you actually get it off? I thought my trim was permanently stained.

Can you actually get it off? I thought my trim was permanently stained.

I was able to clean the plastic trim with another AutoGlym product, AG Bumper Care. This was something I've had kicking around in the garage for ages, I read somewhere (probably Detailing World) that AG have changed the product and the new stuff isn't as affective

I've used products to mask it but they usually wash off a couple of weeks down the line. Never found a permanent solution.

I put srp on with an applicator and wipe straight off with a clean microfiber , I don't let it dry as it's a pain too remove and dust everywhere, and still get amazing results

When applying SRP one thing to be certain about is that you should BUFF it in properly with applicator pad of MF cloth. Its good to let it cure for 5 minutes and then buffing off with plush MF. For best result you should follow that with a sealant or WAX

Autoglym suggest Fast Glass cleaner applied on a cloth

Autoglym 'Fast Glass' can be used to remove Polish residue from the Black Plastic trims of your car.

Also works great on glass

SRP is a polish not a wax or sealant (although it does have fillers etc), use a wax or sealant afterwards to enhance the gloss and protect the paint. To remove SRP residue use a nap free cloth (like microfibre or an old t shirt) and shake it out regularly. Car polish is not the same as household furniture polish or shoe polish, its slightly abrasive and does not protect the surface as such, it cuts it (like very fine T Cut) the paint back, thats what wax and sealants are for to seal after the polish, although SRP does have some protective properties. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom