Autoglym super resin polish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adrianlobont

Car
E-Class 350 CDI Sport Edition 265 Bhp
Hi all,
Just polished my car with Autoglym super resin polish and the results are very good, happy with.
The problem I have now is that I have polish left in between joints and door handles...
Do you guys can advise me on how to get read of it ?
Thank you !

Hi all,
Just polished my car with Autoglym super resin polish and the results are very good, happy with.
The problem I have now is that I have polish left in between joints and door handles...
Thank you !

Detailing brush? Or cotton buds work good imo

Bin the SRP with its chalk filler and swop to 3M Perfect-it - which is what I've done! Only thing is 3M recommend applying their polish with a DA - which I happen to have!

The secret with SRP - in fact with all polishes - is to use as little product as possible. If you get dust after using SRP you're using too much product

The other tip is to apply polish with a damp cloth - it helps it spread better. Might not work too well with SRP as it's pretty runny anyway but give it a try

Nick Froome

Hi all,
Thank you !

Don't 'over apply' it. If I get polish in the nooks and crannies like door handles etc, just pinch a tiny edge of the microfiber cloth that you are using to buff it off with and clasp it between thumb and forefinger to rub in the little crevices that the polish remains in. Simples. As above, the trick is not to use too much product.

Don't 'over apply' it. If I get polish in the nooks and crannies like door handles etc, just pinch a tiny edge of the microfiber cloth that you are using to buff it off with and clasp it between thumb and forefinger to rub in the little crevices that the polish remains in. Simples. As above, the trick is not to use too much product.

Exactly as quoted here. And when you've done it, protect the finish with AG Extra Gloss Protection. This is weird to use, as it's like water, so like all AG products, follow the instructions!

I notice that my oldish bottle of Autoglym Resin Polish says to follow up with the Extra Gloss Protection, but the one I just bought doesn't. (It says to use the polish every few months, and doesn't mention any follow-up action at all.)

Have they changed the formula, or are they just scared that people won't buy it if they need also to buy something else?

I use Autoglyms HD wax after I've used SRP, the polish gives the shine the wax protects it. (other waxes are available :D)

I use Autoglyms HD wax after I've used SRP, the polish gives the shine the wax protects it. (other waxes are available :D)

I'll 2nd HD Wax it's very good and easy to use.

I managed to get a great deal on it on amazon at Christmas - £15 :)

Polish is polish, but it only has limited seal

First off - polish is great, it gets rid of the rubbish and applies a limited amount of sealing protection.

(See comments from the others about not over applying, and about how to finish off. Like painting and decorating, you get 90% of the effect in 50% of the time - the challenge is in getting that last 10% that makes it look perfect)

But, for the best results, seal that polish will some kind of sealing agent / Wax. I have no axe to grind about which one, but a protection coat will keep the crip off your car for 6 to 9 months, protecting the work you've done.

I notice that my oldish bottle of Autoglym Resin Polish says to follow up with the Extra Gloss Protection, but the one I just bought doesn't. (It says to use the polish every few months, and doesn't mention any follow-up action at all.)

Have they changed the formula, or are they just scared that people won't buy it if they need also to buy something else?

Very likely a change in marketing rather than formula. If you polish with SRP regularly, or accept the finish won't last so long, then you don't need to seal it with EGP. EGP quick and easy to apply though, so worth doing if you're on a roll :thumb:

There's a lot of good info going on here.. thanks to all.

I tend to do it this way:

ASRP

AEG

Meguiars Carnuba Super Plus

Occasionally I'l change over to Zymol as Mercedes Paint seems to like this best, but that's just my opinion.. others may find it different..

Collinite wax is superb. As above go sparingly when applying. Tip: Place bottle/tin in warm water first. The good thing about collinite is if you get any overspill onto black or glass, it just wipes off with no white residue. It last well in all kinds of weather and gives a great shine.

Last edited:
Very likely a change in marketing rather than formula. If you polish with SRP regularly, or accept the finish won't last so long, then you don't need to seal it with EGP. EGP quick and easy to apply though, so worth doing if you're on a roll :thumb:
Agreed. - I rarely intent to add EGP, but it's so quick and easy once you've finished with SRP that I just do it almost every time.

When I've finished the products I've got, then maybe I'll look at others. - It just seems wasteful to start buying something else when I've still got SRP to use up.

^ Ha! If you're into to your polishing you'll start to acquire bottles of the stuff on the quest for "Polished Perfection" - ask me how I know... got bottles all over the place and usually bought when Halfrauds are doing an offer like 2 for one or something.. then it becomes a mix n' match battle.. until you see another car go passed with that watery sheen to it and you start again :doh:

In reply to the original question - Use a Toothbrush to get rid of white polish deposits in door handles, locks, parking sensors etc.

On a slightly different tack, I've 3 bottles of SRP and the same in SGP which are easily 10 years old, unused.....will they still be OK?
Just sorting out my garage and came accross them in Autoglym kits I have so I'm wondering whether to use em or throw?

I'd take a little out, and if it's all lumpy or clearly separated, ditch it.

I would have thought it lasts a fairly long time if not exposed to extremes of temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom