Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ph47mf

Car
BMW 335D GT xdrive M-Sport
Sorry if this has been covered before.

I went and bought a big bottle on offer at Halfords, just used it on my car, so far so good, easy to apply and buff off, very shiny now and it really does mask most of the scratches and restored a damaged patch the size of a tennis ball caused by some unknown polish, though i don't think it permanently removes it.

So....I heard this has wax properties and cover the paintwork for a good 35 washes, does that mean I can leave the AG gloss protection in the cupboard?

How do I wash the car from now on without removing this polish/wax from the car?

If you use a wash in wax it will help to prolong the cover but I wouldn't believe 35 washes, if you clean your car at all i cannot see it lasting much beyond 4 or 5 washes but I may be wrong... I know my cats look dull after 2 or 3 and I use Collinite 845z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Get a pot of AG HD wax and put that on after the SRP, it won't last 35 washes (don't think anything will!) but it will last a few months.

yeah i know it's a bit optimistic though i like it to be true, it came from the AG
marketing information :rolleyes:

I have some AG gloss protection i will give that a try to see if it makes a difference.

I have a friend who recommended me to use these (i am not sure what the name is in English) 'water based nano wax' from the far east, it's quite expensive at £60 a bottle, it takes a bit of time to apply but it last a good year. you guys heard of this? :dk:

and lastly, any of you know any good mobile detailers in the midlands? I think i need one so I can start fresh.

Get a pot of AG HD wax and put that on after the SRP, it won't last 35 washes (don't think anything will!) but it will last a few months.

The AG HD Wax is very good, and very easy to apply.

It does last a while even with washes.

Super Resin is a great polish, fillers to cover the swirls and a good base for a wax.

I wouldn't use it as my only protection though. A decent paste wax will sit nicely on it though.

Problem I have with SRP is that the chalk filler not only fills the swirls, it also fills where bodywork meets seals - like round the windows - so you get lovely white lines that are a PITA to get rid of. I've moved on to a 3M Perfect-it polish / very gentle correcting fluid, but it needs to be applied by machine - but I have a DA machine (Kestrel DAS6) so that's OK. Gives a really lovely finish - but still needs HD wax over the top!

Supplementary question.... I bought a buffer, what polish should I use with it??

Problem I have with SRP is that the chalk filler not only fills the swirls, it also fills where bodywork meets seals - like round the windows - so you get lovely white lines that are a PITA to get rid of. I've moved on to a 3M Perfect-it polish / very gentle correcting fluid, but it needs to be applied by machine - but I have a DA machine (Kestrel DAS6) so that's OK. Gives a really lovely finish - but still needs HD wax over the top!

I just avoid applying the polish absolutely right up to those areas you mention in the first place. If you are then buffing by hand you will be carrying an adequate amount of polish there anyway - so job done and no white lines.

The best product i have found to fill and make the car shine is 50 cal filler show glaze.

It really is incredible,its not a long lasting thing but looks superb for about a month or so.Very easy to apply and remove with no chalk.

It can go under or on top of wax/LSP.. I have always used a small DA to apply,but it can be put on by hand.

Buy some,you wont regret it.

The SRP seems to give a good shine for 2-3 days but then it gets really dusty and i just drive it on normal roads, i think it's the wax, is your car like that?

Supplementary question.... I bought a buffer, what polish should I use with it??

You need to clay bar the car first, or you'll be swirling chunks of debris round on your wheel.

You need to clay bar the car first, or you'll be swirling chunks of debris round on your wheel.

Got one and a clay mit

I am a big fan of Autoglym ,but the white powder it leaves behind i dont like , as post above said. And as for the washes before it needs doing again it is not that clear .To me, it only last a few days before it needs doing again. I do as much polishing cars than any one on the forum .Uesd all types over time .The best that i found was Simonize Original Fine Wax. this took a lot of removing after its put on ,,but last longer than any i have used. Now i am just going thriugh a bottle of Williams Wash and Wax from ideal world .This is easy to put on and remove .But untill it rains i wont know if its worth dioing it again with the same polish .The finish is very nice, and the shine is as good as Autoglym

process I'm using at the moment:
Wash - 2 bucket
Clay
AG SRP
leave to cure for 24 hours
quick wipe over - QD detail spray ideal provided the car hasn't been used since applying the SRP
AG EGP
leave to cure for 24 hours
quick wipe over - QD detail spray ideal provided the car hasn't been used since applying the SRP
Collinite 915

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom