autoglym....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Duff3103

Car
2007 E63 AMG
Im a regular autoglym user and have been for few years but haven't ventured much outside there range tbh, tried a couple pf meguiars products, and the odd bottle of something from a show but mostly finding alot of these products seem to just smell nicer than anything else. any recommendations on good polishes and waxes that won't break the bank? Autosmart stuff onset seem bad for the price its just buying it in bulk but iv only really used that at work on customers cars when giving a quick clean after completing a job not putting any great effort in.

I use Autoglym SRP and I'm very happy with it. But I have a silver car and SRP has fillers in it which would show up on a dark coloured car.
A lot of waxes and polishes are more suited to certain colour cars eg Collinite on black cars.
I use Farecla G3 wax followed by Sonax Brilliant shine detailer every other wash. Keeps it looking good for me.
tu4UNaa.jpg

my last few cars have been silver and SRP does go on easy and come off leaving a pretty decent shine, iv got a tub of outsmart wax which considering it was only £30 a tub it beads water off for months. my old e39 530 i cleaned it up for sale and the same with my focus st225 i just sold this week and the new owners both said they couldnt believe how shiny they were and pretty much chewed my arm off to buy them :D

If a dark colour car - Poorboys black hole + natty blue wax
Will change natty blue for something like gtechniq c2v3 when I run out of the blue bubblegum smelling stuff

If you have a DA polisher 3M make superb stuff (Perfectit) which I've seen a pro bodyshop using on very high end cars - which is why I bought it. Only thing is it's for application by DA polisher only, not by hand.

Iv tried black hole on my Leon which was also black, it did make a difference especially with small scratches but overall a dark or black car is just a nightmare for me, too many imperfections that are easily noticed, as for a DA I don’t know if I’d trust myself with one, knowing my luck I’d end up burning through the paint

Yo
Im a regular autoglym user and have been for few years but haven't ventured much outside there range tbh, tried a couple pf meguiars products, and the odd bottle of something from a show but mostly finding alot of these products seem to just smell nicer than anything else. any recommendations on good polishes and waxes that won't break the bank? Autosmart stuff onset seem bad for the price its just buying it in bulk but iv only really used that at work on customers cars when giving a quick clean after completing a job not putting any great effort in.

You will get as many recommendations as there are products out there.

I use the Carlak range - Swiss Made, Shampoo, Non-Abrasive Polish / Sealant (Carlack 68) and LongLife. Aka Klasse and Wekstatt Acrylic. Very easy to use and you can apply the 68 to the car while you dry it.

If you really love your car, there is always this
for Swissvax GB CRYSTAL ROCK Paul Dalton's state-of-the-art Carnauba glaze (76% Vol.), 200ml £995!

Autoglym products are always a safe bet, very few I've tried over the years I've not liked. SRP is a staple part of the selection, use their glass cleaner and other bits and pieces as they just work nicely.

There's plenty of other brands to look at. Dodo Juice do a nice range of stuff that's quite funky but general nice to use. Poorboys, Chemical Guys, Sonus, Meguiars, Britemax are also brands I've used and haven't had any complaints.

£995 on a wax though, f that! There's been a few of these hugely expensive waxes over there years that range from hundreds into the tens of thousands. To be honest a lot of it comes down to marketing and shiny packaging. I'm sure the contents are decent, do they offer something that's thousands of pounds better than a £50 or £60 pot? I'd be extremely surprised if they did.

Don't be worried about trying a DA if you're careful. They're adjustable speed, so you can start off slow until your confidence increases. I'd never owned or used one until about 9 years ago, bought a DAS6 and went to work on my 968 coupe, got it back to as new condition. Conversly, years ago I tried using a cordless drill and sheepskin mit with AG fine paint correction stuff on the tailgate of a RR, along the bottom edge I took the paint off to bare metal - but that could not be seen with the tailgate closed so when I PX'd it, it wasn't noticed! These days I use 3M 25mm blue masking tape on panel edges etc!!

I will stick to Williams Waterless Wash and Wax . But i wash the car first . Do all the car top to bottom in 20 mins tops DSC04235.JPG windows but not the drivers window , bumpers and trim .

Used Autoglym for used but then moved onto Dodo juice wax and washes.....Wouldn't go back....

Autoglym products are always a safe bet, very few I've tried over the years I've not liked. SRP is a staple part of the selection, use their glass cleaner and other bits and pieces as they just work nicely.

There's plenty of other brands to look at. Dodo Juice do a nice range of stuff that's quite funky but general nice to use. Poorboys, Chemical Guys, Sonus, Meguiars, Britemax are also brands I've used and haven't had any complaints.

£995 on a wax though, f that! There's been a few of these hugely expensive waxes over there years that range from hundreds into the tens of thousands. To be honest a lot of it comes down to marketing and shiny packaging. I'm sure the contents are decent, do they offer something that's thousands of pounds better than a £50 or £60 pot? I'd be extremely surprised if they did.

That’s my problem I don’t think iv got the balls to go out and buy a whole new batch of products especially right now when iv not even got a car to clean but I did try a couple of auto finesse products, ie the bug spray which was shit, would barely lift anything at all even tried leaving it on for a bit still nothing, but I quite liked the interior cleaner as I’m not one for sheens on my dash etc, I much prefer a Matt look and it just look clean. Only issue I have with auto finesse is the triggers are tiny and feel like you need to put a lot of effort into pull it :rolleyes:

That’s my problem I don’t think iv got the balls to go out and buy a whole new batch of products especially right now when iv not even got a car to clean but I did try a couple of auto finesse products, ie the bug spray which was shit, would barely lift anything at all even tried leaving it on for a bit still nothing, but I quite liked the interior cleaner as I’m not one for sheens on my dash etc, I much prefer a Matt look and it just look clean. Only issue I have with auto finesse is the triggers are tiny and feel like you need to put a lot of effort into pull it :rolleyes:

I've found that Autofinesse is a very 'in' brand, especially within certain car scenes. Friend of mine is a VAG fanboy and swears by Autofinesse but it's a brand that's in that scene. I tried their shampoo as their range was on sale in Halfords. It's average at best, not hugely expensive but I wouldn't bother again and it doesn't inspire me to try the rest of the range. Their may be some good products in there but not enough to sway me from my regular products.

Interior wise, I know what you mean, I don't like that slick glossy shine some products give. I use Autoglym Rubber & Vinyl Care, spray onto a microfibre and wipe everything down. Then use a dry bit of the cloth for a once over, leaves it looking good but not over applied.

Talking of triggers, I really love Dodo Juice Red Mist. It's a spray on sealant that came out a few years back. Trouble was the spray heads were just sh!te. Thankfully they've improved them now but they'd just break and the product would trickle out.

Not tried Dodo juice Red mist. Must give it a go as I like their products. I cam highly recommend Gtechniq c2 liquid crystal. Leaves a lovely glass like shine.

One polish i wasn't keen on was Auotglym ultra deep shine, although it was for dark colours i found it an absolute chore to take off, literally almost scrubbing the paintwork to get it off and you would always have a few marks left on the body where the microfibre hasn't quite taken it all off, there was a half decent shine after but i think i still have most of the bottle left after doing one car it was that much of a chore

Not tried Dodo juice Red mist. Must give it a go as I like their products. I cam highly recommend Gtechniq c2 liquid crystal. Leaves a lovely glass like shine.

I’ll have to give that a go. Know if the ceramic coatings but not really touched the other Gtechniq products.

Red Mist is a decent product, spray on, wipe off and leaves about 4-6 weeks worth of protection. Nice for topping up a wax so will keep my E sorted throughout winter. :)

Give it a go.....I used the Mugiurs version but the Gtechniq is better. I do love dodo juice wax though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom