Autoleads telemute to Nokia CK-7W - help please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Now got the correct lead (thanks to Nexxia :rock:) and am going to install it in my E-class. Three questions from anybody with the correct knowledge if I may:

1. There seems an awful lot of cable and stuff to tuck behind the radio - is there a trick to making it all fit? (Don't have a CD changer)
  2. I assume the best place to take power would be to splice into the cigarette lighter with a scotchlock?
  3. The end of the autolead that plugs into the radio has some blue strips on it (see below) Do I need to remove them? It does seem to me that with them in place a connection cannot be made? :confused:
quadlock.jpg

As always, many thanks

Bump!

Anyone help? :)

Any pointers to the product info page? I cannot figure out what this part is supposed to do. Is it a connector for the Audio 20 port 2?

Is your project wiring the CK-7W kit to the car HU? Mainly the mute line (plus power and ground)?

Don't you already have a connector there for the rest of the signals (CAN-bus, MOST wake-up etc.)? I thought you would need to connect the mute line to connector 2, pin 5. If that is empty now, you would need a pin that can be plugged to the existing connector. If there is a wire, you can tap to the same wire the CK-7W mute line, these are open-collector driven.

If you connect permanent power to the car kit, take that from the radio and the switched power from the cigarette lighter.

A poor picture describing an Audio 20 connectors attached (an Audio 20 with an integrated speaker amp).

Last edited:
OK, this lead has some intelligence, not only a mute line to the radio but also a relay to allow audio from the hands free kit being fed to the car speakers.

From the user guide I understood the connectors should be ready to be plugged like a short extension cord between the radio and the original radio connector. From the figure it looks like the connector needs to be built:confused:

The radio has small flat pins, perhaps you can put this connector in place with the blue parts? Why not unplug the original connector and see if it looks the same.

I'm wondering if their intention is to use the car kit without permanent power, that should be possible. But the call would get disconnected from the HF set-up (the call would not get disconnected) when you switch ignition off. Not a big issue I guess.

Last edited:
Got a reply from Autoleads on 3 (should anybody else need the info) Logical 'innit? :) (brownie points to Deisel Benz!)

"Believe it or not, the blue strips stay in place. They are terminal locking locators, and without them the pins would just flap around in the connector. The stereo terminals slide in alongside these plastic inserts, they will not impede there location."

Anybody help with 1 and 2? :confused:

I can try and help with 2, I put a parrot in my W208, and needed a 12V ignition feed as the Audio 10 does not have one. I believe normally the CAN sends a wake up message to the Audio 10, hence you can have the radio on without ignition.

Anyway I tapped the cigar lighter to get it, and everything came to life, you just cannot use the car kit with the ignition off.

Hopefully this might help, although I appreciate my experience was with a different car.

As for making it fit, I put the control box behind the glove box, on the 208 its quite easy to get the glovebox out.

I installed a Nokia and a Parrot in W203 and W208 respectively and had the same issue with the mass of cables.
I bought a cable tidy from currys, its made of lightweight plastic and you wrap it round the mass of cable like a spiral.

I removed the lining under the glove box, placed the comand back into the slot and pulled the cables towards the glove box and down. There is enough space to do this in W203 and W208.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom