Automated driveway Gates any suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Need some advice on this one,

We would like some automated gates for our driveway, But the Path/road runs very close to the end of the drive, we also need abit of space for the gates to open. The opening/width of the Drive is 4.5mtrs 14.76 ft.

Some i'm thinking Bi folding gates? Here is a pic of the drive any help or suggestions welcome.

Be gentle i haven't a clue lol:doh:

driveway958ca.jpg

Be gentle i haven't a clue lol:doh:

driveway958ca.jpg

There's not enough space for gates, they'll hit the cars when they open, plus the shape of the footpath will make the job mission impossible.

Fit some folding bollards of you're afraid of someone having your car away.

The Vehicle on the Far right can be brought over to the far left, Which would give a bi folding gate the space it would need. But yes the Foot path is one of the issues.

Just thought a pic would be easier to explain.

I'd save my money on the gates and get rid of those stones and block pave the drive:D
Not helpful I know, but you did ask:devil:

I'd save my money on the gates and get rid of those stones and block pave the drive:D
Not helpful I know, but you did ask:devil:

Hell no. Block paving is like a night on the booze..........seems like a great idea at the time but a while after you end up regretting it. :wallbash:

Hell no. Block paving is like a night on the booze..........seems like a great idea at the time but a while after you end up regretting it. :wallbash:

But but..... If Gav gets his beast reversing out the drive, stops and selects drive and steps on the loud pedal a bit he could take the windows out of that van parked opposite with his stone driveway.:ban:

Block paving or a resin drive is the way forward. You read it here first remember:D

Tbh the bleedin gravel is getting on my T@@s lol its making my tyres dusty and the rest of the car when its sitting in the garage lol

But but..... If Gav gets his beast reversing out the drive, stops and selects drive and steps on the loud pedal a bit he could take the windows out of that van parked opposite with his stone driveway.:ban:

Block paving or a resin drive is the way forward. You read it here first remember:D

I present my case. :D

I've laid 1000's of m2 of block paving. It looks a treat when first done. However, it soon looks like:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 43
I present my case. :D

I've laid 1000's of m2 of block paving. It looks a treat when first done. However, it soon looks like:

Poor preparation. Mine have been down 18 years...not a weed in sight.

Op...what about sliding/roller gates?

Was thinking of a that option too, though harder to automate. The fences look quite low though, so the gate isn't to keep people out, but the cars in? If so, the automated bollards mentioned would be tempting.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Had mine for 4 years and still liking it!!

I've not got any block paving. It's down to the client to look after/maintain it.

Nothing to do with poor preparation. :rolleyes:

Depends where the weeds come from I suppose but they can be blown in and grow in the sand and not necessarily come from below. Everything needs cleaning and maintenance I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom