Automatic changes jerky.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgrunnell

Car
mercedes c220
I have a mercedes c220 automatic on a 54 plate. I am quite happy with the car except that it is occasionally jerky when changing gear at low speeds, and it doesn't seem to know which gear to be in at 30mph. I find that it is best to select a 3rd gear to make the ride more comfortable. Is this a common problem?

Thanks

mark

I've recently had exactly the same problem. Had the ATF changed a few months ago so ruling that out. Am intruiged to hear if anyone else has experienced the same

try some dr tranny shudder fix can get it on ebay my e320 had a judder had aft changed and flushed separate cooler installed but did not fix problem 2 tubes of shudder fix in the aft drove for 1/2 mile now smooth as a babes bum pete

try some dr tranny shudder fix can get it on ebay my e320 had a judder had aft changed and flushed separate cooler installed but did not fix problem 2 tubes of shudder fix in the aft drove for 1/2 mile now smooth as a babes bum pete

I believe this is the product:

http://www.lubegard.com/images/item15.jpg

Though oil and ATF additives are not generally recommended for MB cars... better try and sort this out properly. And ATF and filter change is a must as starting point, if hasn't been dome already.

Additives in auto-box

As Markjay has said these are not a recommended the modern mb box is very sensitive and requires correct CLEAN atf for long life hence fluid changes at 40k-50k will await outcome of Markjays checks:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom