Automatic gearbox fluid change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Qdlaty

Car
Vito 120 Brabus, W203 Estate, W203 Coupe
Hello
Could you advice if there is any decent garages doing automatic gearbox fluid and filter change for Vito120 w639 (204hp motor) around York , Harrogate, Ripon , Thirsk area please ?
Mine needs changing , i have seen the thread about changing ATF here : http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/howto/115863-how-change-automatic-gerbox-oil-flush-722-6-box-6.html , but i do not feel confident nor skilled enough to do it on my own.
Thank You
Best regards
Qd

I've heard many people have issues with gear box fluid change on mercs.
I don't know anyone in York but I would make sure the garage has done the job before. It will require using a star machine to check the fluid temperature before they can check the level.
I'd probably bite the bullet and get main dealer to do it. Comecial merc don't charge the same as the car dealers do you might be surprised.

Do you mean issues with the garage doing the change? MB Forums consensus, if not recommended in ESS ATF change every 40k or 4 years. (whatever is sooner).

Mercedes-Benz ESS

Most recommended MB indys can do this, ensure they drain the torque convertor and change filter, normal charge around £150ish.

I've heard many people have issues with gear box fluid change on mercs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom