Automatic headlights settings GLE - Manual switch off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hi

Read the manual, hard back and on-line re headlights settings - is there no manual switch off? I think there is not but hope I'm wrong as lights came on about 10 times today on dipped, too early IMO - i have day tome running lights on.

Not sure but i managed to turn off dips but turning switch to manual dips and back to the 'Auto' position

Thanks in advance

Must admit that when I had a loan GLE I just left the headlamps in Auto mode (as I do on my own car), but if it's like my E63 then the options are side lamps on, headlamps in auto mode, or headlamps on.

Daytime running lights are ok but arn't they only on the front?

Thanks.

Yes, day running lights are front only and can be turned off via lights system set up. My query is the dipped lights coming on too early, too often, EG today when it was raining and only a bit dull. As its a 16 plate gle amg line some people will look to admire as I do to nice cars, but day many more were looking and it was, IMO because my dipped lights were on too early or left on a bit too long when day brightened up. In my other MB's you had the option to turn lights from 'Auto' mode to manual and I was wondering if there was a way to do that.

Thanks

There's no way to turn all the lights (except DRL's) off on the current MB cars. As I said above, you can have sidelights on, headlights in auto mode or headlights on.

On my E i can switch the headlights off by moving the switch to one of the parking light settings. Just remember to move it back before getting out

Can the set point not be adjusted in STAR?

I know there is that option on my 52 plate W211.

Ive noticed it doesnt have to be that dark for the lights on my c to come on, dull rainy days will do it.

It's about time every car on the road had auto lights then at least when it's raining on the motorway I'd be able to see them easier in my trucks mirrors. Grey cars, no lights, almost invisible in rain.

Thanks.

Yes, day running lights are front only and can be turned off via lights system set up. My query is the dipped lights coming on too early, too often, EG today when it was raining and only a bit dull.

MB auto-lights turn on at dark but also when it is raining (EU regulations should mandate lights when it is raining. This can be left for the driver but MB makes a complete implementation).

It's about time every car on the road had auto lights then at least when it's raining on the motorway I'd be able to see them easier in my trucks mirrors. Grey cars, no lights, almost invisible in rain.

From the mirrors you can usually see the front lights and the LED DRLs of a GLE must be much easier to see when compared to projector low beams, xenons or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom