Automatic load cover

Discussion in 'Interior' started by holbay, May 27, 2017.

1. holbay

holbay Active Member

Car:
    2003, E320 cdi estate, W211
    Hi guys can anyone tell me how to remove the automatic load cover from the back seats of my W211 estate. Or at least if an end plate comes of , one end is rivited on the other does not seem to have any visible fixing. I dont want to remove the wrong end and have the return spring flying out. Something has fallen inside and the cover wont roll up completely, and the item rolls about inside and i need to get it out. Thanks..

2. DavidL

DavidL Active Member

Car:
    s211 E55 , s203 C55
    Handbook should say - iirc you have to slide it off the rear seats through one of the rear doors, passenger I think. Fold the seat backs down and slide the cassette unit off the mountings. Its surprisingly heavy.

1 person likes this.
  3. MikeInWimbledon

MikeInWimbledon MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2007 E500 5.5. Previously E350 S500, E500, SL350, SL500, S500, E55
    Yep, right solution.....

Plasticky bits breaking is a common problem. Worth trying to fettle / fix though, it's supposedly difficult to find replacement load cover mechanisms.

Definitely passenger side exit (i.e. originally designed as Driver's side on LHD cars)

1 person likes this.