Automatic tailgate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyfool

Car
(14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black & (16) E400 AMG Line Convertible White
I'm sure you are all aware of this, but it was just by chance I discovered that I can close the tailgate by pressing and holding the button rather than pulling and releasing to open.

Just thought I would throw it out there!

It's a never ending path of discovery!

I can close mine by waving my foot under the rear bumper.
Holding the button on the key fob.
Pressing the button on the base of the tailgate.
I suppose I could also reach up, hoick it down and give it a good slam, but that seems a bit old fashioned these days. :D

No button on the inside of the driver's door, or somewhere in the cabin, to open and close the thing from the driver's seat?

No button on the inside of the driver's door, or somewhere in the cabin, to open and close the thing from the driver's seat?

yup driver side door, towards the front of the door bin.

I've also seen not many understand the two buttons on the tailgate for closing. So in case you don't:
Button with tailgate logo just shuts tailgate electrically.
Button with padlock closes the tailgate and locks the car all in 1 button press.

The button with padlock I always find useful when getting the dog out of the car as you press it and walk away, so no waving of foot otherwise I then have to find the key and lock the car, or touch the door handles afterwards.

yup driver side door, towards the front of the door bin.

Does that one close it as well?
If so, I've just discovered another way!
:D

You are right about the padlock button. Very useful.

I can't imagine I have the foot waggling facility. I also can't close the boot from the key for or I don't think I can. I've tried it a few times, but nothing.

My
I'm sure you are all aware of this, but it was just by chance I discovered that I can close the tailgate by pressing and holding the button rather than pulling and releasing to open.

My automatic tailgate on my C220 Estate 2008 has stopped working. It will unlock, but no tone, no movement. Just had the thing serviced as well!

Any ideas fellas?

OMG Crazyfool! I had NO idea. For years it's bugged me that if I leave it open or one of the family does I have to get out and close it. Now i don't.

Fantastic hidden feature, thanks.

OMG Crazyfool! I had NO idea. For years it's bugged me that if I leave it open or one of the family does I have to get out and close it. Now i don't.

Fantastic hidden feature, thanks.

It’s handy isn’t it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom