Automatic windows up not working on CLC (CL203)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sajseven

Car
2009 CLC 200 CDI Sport
Hi all,

Just picked up my first Mercedes this weekend - a lovely black CLC 200 CDI Sport - and I'm very pleased with it so far. Needed a few bits and pieces tidying on it, but nothing too serious.

One thing that is a bit of an annoying niggle is the automatic windows - they go down with one press as you would expect, but won't do so on the way up (for both the driver and passenger windows).

I've read a lot on the internet regarding this - usually along the lines of lower the windows, lift and hold the switches until the window reaches the top and hold for a further 5-10 seconds, then release.

This didn't work, so I removed the power window fuses for a couple of minutes and tried again. This time, after letting go of the switch after 5-10 seconds, the window lowers itself an inch. If I pull up and hold again, it does the same a second time. It does not do it a third time. Although this is a different result to prior to pulling the fuses, the windows still refuse to come up automatically.

I have tried 5 or 6 times, with the windows starting from various positions - up, down, in-between - with no luck. It looks to me like the windows are always triggering the anti-entrapment feature - and the reset procedure I have tried is not working.

Is there anything else I should try to "resync" the windows, or is there something else at play I should look into?

Many thanks for your help in advance! :)

One must hold the button (for each window in turn) both in the up position and in the down position for the module to learn the highest and lowest positions.

One must hold the button (for each window in turn) both in the up position and in the down position for the module to learn the highest and lowest positions.
Hi thanks, I'll give it a go.

Is there any recommendation regarding where to start with window position and whether to do up or down first?

Cheers!

Start with the windows up and hold the switch down then move the window up and hold the switch again. This should set up the one touch feature.

start

Down, hold approx 1sec then fully close, hold approx 1sec.
Repeat for each window
Make sure all the doors are closed and IGN is ON

Start with the windows up and hold the switch down then move the window up and hold the switch again. This should set up the one touch feature.

Down, hold approx 1sec then fully close, hold approx 1sec.
Repeat for each window
Make sure all the doors are closed and IGN is ON

I've just been out and tried again - pulled the fuses to reset the electronics, reinserted the fuses, closed the doors, put the car's ignition on, held the switches down until the windows reached the bottom and waited a few seconds, pulled the switches up until closed and waited a few seconds. When I released the switches, both windows drop 1" by themselves as if activating the anti-entrapment feature. I pulled and held the switches up for a few seconds again until they were closed. The windows worked auto down as before, and still do not work for auto up.

Am I missing something here? :confused:

If I don't pull the fuses first, the windows don't even do the anti-entrapment jig when I try the procedure. I'm pulling/pushing the switches to their full extent / the second detent and holding - should I be doing only to the first detent?

Or maybe is something else here wrong?

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom