Autotrader adverts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart K

Car
E220 CDI Estate
Hi

One of my very sad past time or motivators to get back to work and earn money (which ever way you want to look at it) is looking through auto trader at my next potential buy or working on my dream garage.

Any way, I've noticed that for some of the cars I look at there is usually a very nice but cheap car advertised and it always states in the advert 'do not try to phone me, use my email only' and then gives some randon yahoo address..

What is that all about? Any one know?

S

Hi

One of my very sad past time or motivators to get back to work and earn money (which ever way you want to look at it) is looking through auto trader at my next potential buy or working on my dream garage.

Any way, I've noticed that for some of the cars I look at there is usually a very nice but cheap car advertised and it always states in the advert 'do not try to phone me, use my email only' and then gives some randon yahoo address..

What is that all about? Any one know?

S

It's a scam.

They'll tell you that the cars in Spain and the supercheap price will include shipping.

They'll then make you send a westernunion to yourself to prove you're serious, which they'll then intercept.

You'll see similar on pistonheads and ebay.

I was guessing it was a scam.. but was just interested what it was. The dogs ehh!

Thanks

What makes me laugh, is Autotrader are aware it's a scam, and they even have a section on how to spot them.... BUT they still take the money and run the ad!!!

Surely this only encourages them!

Mike

If it's too good to be too...........

IMHO Autotrader is rapidly slipping in to decline. It takes advance of its market position and favours supermarket garages heavily.

It's just a shame Piston Heads classifieds section is not as searchable

but it is... register and sign up for email alerts and you can define your search quite accurately and be alerted when something comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom