Autotrader CL500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

splitpin

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 E500, CL500
Is this anyone here by any chance :-https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002056973254?make=MERCEDES-BENZ&model=CL&sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&year-to=2020&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&postcode=ln12ab&r.

Listed as selling private but looks suspiciously like a trade advert to me. Coupled with where the photos are taken, I'm sure I've seen other Mercs for sale with photos that appear to be taken in the same location.

Foul wheels, amg badge and a filthy seat. A lot of very expensive car for ghd money.

The list of features panel in the ad wording looks very much like a typical trade ad, I agree. The logo on the number plate covers looks rather familiar, too. If the second picture is of the 'ton of receipts', the scales used need recalibrating... I, too, suspect it's a trader selling it.

Those wheels look very much like Mercedes 'Sador' wheels to me, so they might be OE. I don't think they look that bad; of their time, though.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the helpful replies

I am on a learning curve for 2000-2006 CL.
There are plenty of 2002 about but I am looking for a 2004 currently but not an AMG.

It looks like the dealer, Orion Solutions, the ad on Autotrader lists Hull as the location. Orion are based in Cardiff, it's quite a distinctive location for photo's and sticks in your mind.

It could be the owners personal car and not sold though the business or the seller might have bought the car from Orion and wants to sell it now maybe re using the photo's and ad from when they bought it?

The wheels are OEM and it looks like he’s using the photos from the advert he bought from (which happens more than you’d think).

I quite like it though - the 215 CL is iconic imo - take the AMG badge off and give the seat a steam clean and you’ve got yourself a tidy CL.

My first 500CL was much like this. I used it and learnt a few lessons from it before deciding I liked the model and spending kind of proper money on a very proper car. I'd be wary of someone who only puts the ignition on part way to show the sat nav and nothing else, one of the things it could be hiding is the little red LED by the air con which would be a problem but there again, there're so many things to check. Just from a personal pov, I'm not a fan of cars that have been made to look something that they're not, CL55 badges, AMG badges, quad exhaust tips etc just don't belong on a 500 CL. It's not dear but don't spend all you have as you WILL be having to spend money on it. Oh, nearly forgot, I was a car dealer for five years, the ad screams 'trade'.

My first 500CL was much like this. I used it and learnt a few lessons from it before deciding I liked the model and spending kind of proper money on a very proper car. I'd be wary of someone who only puts the ignition on part way to show the sat nav and nothing else, one of the things it could be hiding is the little red LED by the air con which would be a problem but there again, there're so many things to check. Just from a personal pov, I'm not a fan of cars that have been made to look something that they're not, CL55 badges, AMG badges, quad exhaust tips etc just don't belong on a 500 CL. It's not dear but don't spend all you have as you WILL be having to spend money on it. Oh, nearly forgot, I was a car dealer for five years, the ad screams 'trade'.
The AC warning LED is easily reset without any diagnostic tools :)

Appreciate the comments, thanks.
Now gathering information & narrowing search.

I am confused with the AMG on this:-this it does not appear to be any quicker than standard ?

Are the wheels genuine?

It’s not an AMG, someone has stuck the badge on. The wheels look to be genuine, they are more common on the 220 s class than the CL

It’s not an AMG, someone has stuck the badge on. The wheels look to be genuine, they are more common on the 220 s class than the CL

Thanks, I thought it was odd. The wheels do not appear to belong to that model .
It has had annual oil changes for recent years but only alternate filter renewals, I would
have changed the filter too.

It looks like the dealer, Orion Solutions, the ad on Autotrader lists Hull as the location. Orion are based in Cardiff, it's quite a distinctive location for photo's and sticks in your mind.

Yes, that's quite a distinction location

1c6fe68f3c06484cb8a080d4e51fac79.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom