Autotrader s211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never seen a badge like that and I don't think Brabus would have fitted the badge there since the rest of the car looks standard :dk:

It MIGHT have a Brabus tuning box fitted, but in reality I wouldn't hold any store by the badge.
It looks like someone got a bit ambitious with applying vinyl wrap so stuck a badge on.

Looks like a nice car, but hard to tell without seeing it in the flesh.

Plenty of decent options - Comand, Heated Memory Seats, 4 zone climate, electric tailgate and 7 seat option.

Right colour combo for me but I know that's down to personal taste.

Only concern is if it's been chaved up!

Rust on the bottom of the door corner under that brabus badge.

Airmatic? Distronic? Is that towbar folding (handle in spare wheel well on left back corner)?

Its a pre update version as it has slatty centre grille on dash not mesh grille. Which means unlikely to be galved (hence rust?) and the dodgy radiator problem...

Havent heard about the radiator issue, whats that buddy?

Early cars had Valeo, which present a greater risk of glycol contamination of the gearbox due to poor assembly, rectified in later production.

Be aware of any rumbling vibration under moderate acceleration.

iirc, Valeo radiators have a wavy crimping, Behr have square crimping.

If it's an 04 car, it'll have the later radiator (which was fitted for 04 models including some 53 reg). All were galvanised (which doesn't meanthey don't rust!), but being 04 probably had nano paint.

Oh, and it's got Parktronic, no Aimatic that I can see. A lot of car for the money!

Last edited:
All were galvanised (which doesn't meanthey don't rust!)

I can vouch for that - as can the inside of my rolled rear arches before I sorted them out.

I think the spec is OK but not earth shattering. No sunroof even. A lot of the spec listed is standard on an avantgarde?

Not for me TBH "...tastefully wrapped the roof in a matt gunmetal grey finish..."

Just doesn't look well enough cared for

yes im starting to sway from it now, Ive just sold my Volvo 850r so ive got to sort 7 seater Mercedes budget looks to be £5k max im really liking the idea of a w211 e320 cdi.

Let us know how you get on. If you come across any E500 designos on your hunt do drop me a line!

Let us know how you get on. If you come across any E500 designos on your hunt do drop me a line!

I will indeed, although e500 estates are looking very rare, theres one in scotland atm but i dont think its been that cared for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom