aux cable install

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash1212002

Car
W204 c250 cgi facelift petrol 2011
Hi

I have purchased an aux cable with quadlock connector, I need to remove the audio 20 unit to fit the aux cable does anyone know how I can do this

clk w209 2007 year

cheers

official position is to locate the aux cable in the glovebox

For ease of access I am considering drilling a hole into the ash tray to locate the aux cable this will allow me to easily access my mp3 player

Will this be okay for me to do? or any other recommendations where to locate it

cheers

ash1212002 said:
Look at the following video, managed to install aux cable today, patience is required especially when attempting to remove the switch row, can be very difficult to remove https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvNbt4aebEg good luck

Thanks for the update,Where did you buy the Aux cable Quadlock connector?

ash1212002 said:
official position is to locate the aux cable in the glovebox For ease of access I am considering drilling a hole into the ash tray to locate the aux cable this will allow me to easily access my mp3 player Will this be okay for me to do? or any other recommendations where to locate it cheers

Can you please send me picture of how you did it and what the cables look like?

Can you please send me picture of how you did it and what the cables look like?

watch the youtube video which shows you how to get to the audio unit

once you have access to the rear of the unit, you need to disconnect the connector to the unit and slide in the aux connector into the connector block and then reconnect it back to the audio unit

as per pic

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...able+mercedes+connector&imgrc=GdLLm5cBpC7gZM:

Ok cool I'll buy that connector and see how I go. What button do you press on the unit to switch it to Aux co mine does not have an Aux button

Ok cool I'll buy that connector and see how I go. What button do you press on the unit to switch it to Aux co mine does not have an Aux button

hold down cdc, which will go into aux input mode :)

ash1212002 said:
hold down cdc, which will go into aux input mode :)

Your a legend mate I'll let you know once it's done. How long did it take you to install the connector? Iv just ordered it on EBay

Your a legend mate I'll let you know once it's done. How long did it take you to install the connector? Iv just ordered it on EBay

I would say 20-30 minutes, but patience is the key when trying to pry open the trims/panels etc, apply even pressure equally on either sides

I'm yet to secure everything back into place, as I will be drilling a hole into the ash tray to locate the aux cable that way i can easily access my mp3 player rather than it being in the glovebox which is the official location

any probs give me a shout, the item i purchased via ebay I believe the seller is based in China (although states uk) as it arrived after 15 days or so

I too fitted the AUX jack to my Audio 20, using a similar cable, and terminating it in the power socket tray (ashtray), for exactly the same reason, as OP - to have easy access to it:

IMG_1110s_zpsrhbxbntm.jpg

To keep it neat, I made a hole in the back of the tray, just big enough to feed the jack through, then split a rubber grommet, wrapped it around the AUX cable (soft end towards the front of the car, away from the jack), and pulled it into the hole - looks nice and tidy now.

This is the grommet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom