aux cable issues

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by boomboombobby, Aug 7, 2011.

1. boomboombobby

boomboombobby New Member

Car:
    c200 coupe
    Hi all

I am new to the Merc world, having just bought myself a C200 coupe 2007.

I have been looking online at fitting an AUX cable, and there seems to be a lot of instructions online.

Having bought the cable, followed clearly the instructions online (being new to this I didn't want to break something!) and pulled apart my passenger footwell, I cannot find the mysterious white connector that is meant to be there!

Is this just me being simple, or is it not always there? is the only way to fit the aux cable by removing the centre console instead?

Thanks

2. brucemillar

brucemillar MB Club Veteran

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
    I am assuming that you looked in the passenger glovebox first to see if the Aux connector was already installed?

It is usually behind a very small round bung, that is the same material and colour as your glovebox interior.

3. OP
    OP
    boomboombobby

boomboombobby New Member

Car:
    c200 coupe
    hi

there is a hole that can easily be popped out, but no wiring. I took the door sill and panels off and found the wiring track. forums online mentioned a white connector, so I went to look for this but couldn't find the connector.

4. npuk

npuk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
    Only cars up to a certain period had the intermediate wiring in place (I think it was 2006) so you just needed to connect to that in the footwell. For later cars you need a different aux lead which connects direct to the back of the headunit.

Edit: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gSZOcdXRJ-AJ:www.mercupgrades.com/Aux%2Binput%2Bretrofit%2Bon%2BA%2BB%2BC%2BCLK%2BML%2BGL%2BR-article-17.html+A203+440+18+08+claiming&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

You need part number A203 440 18 08 which goes direct in to the back of the audio unit.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
Tags: