aux cable issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boomboombobby

Car
c200 coupe
Hi all

I am new to the Merc world, having just bought myself a C200 coupe 2007.

I have been looking online at fitting an AUX cable, and there seems to be a lot of instructions online.

Having bought the cable, followed clearly the instructions online (being new to this I didn't want to break something!) and pulled apart my passenger footwell, I cannot find the mysterious white connector that is meant to be there!

Is this just me being simple, or is it not always there? is the only way to fit the aux cable by removing the centre console instead?

Thanks

I am assuming that you looked in the passenger glovebox first to see if the Aux connector was already installed?

It is usually behind a very small round bung, that is the same material and colour as your glovebox interior.

hi

there is a hole that can easily be popped out, but no wiring. I took the door sill and panels off and found the wiring track. forums online mentioned a white connector, so I went to look for this but couldn't find the connector.

Only cars up to a certain period had the intermediate wiring in place (I think it was 2006) so you just needed to connect to that in the footwell. For later cars you need a different aux lead which connects direct to the back of the headunit.

Edit: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gSZOcdXRJ-AJ:www.mercupgrades.com/Aux%2Binput%2Bretrofit%2Bon%2BA%2BB%2BC%2BCLK%2BML%2BGL%2BR-article-17.html+A203+440+18+08+claiming&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

You need part number A203 440 18 08 which goes direct in to the back of the audio unit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom