AUX to factory COMAND2.0 in 2004 ML W163

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Am I correct that if I add an AUX output to my factory installed COMAND 2.0 then I lose the CD changer or is it just plug'n'pray?? 2004 ML270 (indicators in mirrors)

Thanks

When I still had Comand2 I had the aux in the glove-box, internal CD for maps and the 6 cd changer in the boot.

Hi,
As far as I am aware it would be just plug and play (put pins into the existing connector) I will be doing this to my mates 04 plate 163 in the next few weeks, or when I can suss out how the Command unit comes out of the dash.

Am I correct that if I add an AUX output to my factory installed COMAND 2.0 then I lose the CD changer or is it just plug'n'pray?? 2004 ML270 (indicators in mirrors)

Thanks

No you wont lose the CD changer. AUX is completely separate to CD.

Comand comes out easily with two removal keys.

No you wont lose the CD changer. AUX is completely separate to CD.

Comand comes out easily with two removal keys.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts regarding the Aux in facility.
Regarding the removal of the Command unit I have tried to remove it with removal keys similar to the ones in the link below, and they don't catch in either orientation on either slot of the Command unit.
Can you confirm the removal keys I am using in the link above are correct? I originally bought the keys for removing my Audi RNS-E Unit from my A4 Cab.
Car Stereo Radio Removal Remove Keys For Audi Mercedes Benz Ford Volkswagen hcuk | eBay

Thanks for confirming my thoughts regarding the Aux in facility.
Regarding the removal of the Command unit I have tried to remove it with removal keys similar to the ones in the link below, and they don't catch in either orientation on either slot of the Command unit.
Can you confirm the removal keys I am using in the link above are correct? I originally bought the keys for removing my Audi RNS-E Unit from my A4 Cab.
Car Stereo Radio Removal Remove Keys For Audi Mercedes Benz Ford Volkswagen hcuk | eBay

They go in and click in place. Once in they will not come out until you get the comand out and can then release them.

Those keys look very similar to the genuine ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom