Aux volume low

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash1212002

Car
W204 c250 cgi facelift petrol 2011
I've fitted an aux cable to my audio 20 unit, when i connect the aux to my samsung s6, the volume is too low even though it is set to max on the phone

Having read previous posts that an inline amplifier for a few quid will resolve the problem, can anyone direct me to what i need or other options as i'm not sure what i'm meant to be looking for

Cheers

We had this problem with our iPod on our audio 20 in our a class.

Got round it by using the correct multipin connector into the charging socket of the iPod rather than the headphone socket. The output on that is much higher.

We were going to buy the inline amp , but didn't in the end.

Make sure you have the phones inbuilt graphic equaliser turned off
And also the hearing safe mode off.
The GE would make mine really quiet via COMAND

Last edited:
Make sure you have the phones inbuilt graphic equaliser turned off
And also the hearing safe mode off.
The GE would make mine really quiet via COMAND

All the settings on the audio 20 unit are at 0

Safe mode hearing on the phone is off too

ash1212002 said:
All the settings on the audio 20 unit are at 0 Safe mode hearing on the phone is off too

Keep me posted on how you solve this as I'll be installing mine soon

I had this problem with my Lumia 520 connected to Command. Turned out there is a separate volume slider control on the phone that's only accessible during a call. Set that one to Max and now can control the volume on the steering wheel control

I had this problem with my Lumia 520 connected to Command. Turned out there is a separate volume slider control on the phone that's only accessible during a call. Set that one to Max and now can control the volume on the steering wheel control

Yep, have done that, still not loud as playing cd's, i have a samsung s6

tried the mrs iphone 6s which is just as loud as playing cd's when set to max

I use a Topping NX2 £30 off flea bay in my old bus and the sound quality and volume much improved. Need to invest a couple of quid in a decent 3.5mm cable as well. It helps drown out the rattle from the engine too. I find play Motörhead "Ace of Spades" on repeat has the same effect if you don't won't to part with the cash for a pre-amp, I've been using this whilst driving with the STOP Car warning blaring incessantly too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom