Auxiliary Battery dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dolb21

Car
E300 HYBRID
Hi guys, my name's Bobby i own a Mercedes E300 Hybrid ESTATE . Few days ago i had the ''AUXILIARY BATTERY MALFUNCTION'' message on my dash and since then it's been painful times as i cannot find the location of said battery. Went to 2 garages, MB dealership, everyone is wild guessing, no one can pin point exact location . I've been on countless google searches where people say it's in the boot (trunk), under the dash, under the seat, front of engine by the air filter.
Does anyone for the love of god know where is the location of that auxiliary battery?
Thanks in advance.

Welcome dolb21.

Sorry I don't know the answer regarding your Hybrid car.

On my petrol (non-hybrid) car is it under black plastic cowling right next to the spare wheel in the boot. Might be worth checking if it's in same location on yours?

Thanks, it did cross my mind checking there, but as it/s estate it doesn't have spare wheel , it's just the main battery , nothing else.
Obviously MB dealership told me it/s by the engine bay but they mistaken that to the RBS, which is completely diferent.

Could it be this?:

Mercedes-E300-Hybrid-21-1200x768.jpg

no, it's not that. It's a tiny battery.
What you showed it's the High Voltage battery.

Attachments

• lg_3beb84b1-9f16-4df2-88c3-f242f71dad9d.jpg
    lg_3beb84b1-9f16-4df2-88c3-f242f71dad9d.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 14
If you mean the main high voltage hybrid battery its underneath the black plastic u shaped airconditioning duct that clips to the bulkhead. Its held on with clips you must undo to remove it. WARNING THE HYBRID BATTERY is high voltage and has to be flash coded to the car. Cooling plumbing is also involved meaning this is a job only for techs trained in these systems. ITS NOT PLUG AND PLAY!
ps there are many iterations of this battery depending on chassis no

You need to go back to the dealer.

All they have to do is input the VIN into EPC and it will show where it is, no guessing involved.

OK, according to EPS, it's in the 'CO-DRIVER'S LEGROOM'.

Markjay you just gave me a briliant idea !
Will check first thing in the morning .
Thanks mate

How can the MB franchise dealer not know, or not be able to find out. Staggering.

Because every model differs. Some of them have it under the dash, others under the seat, others in the engine compartment and ultimately other in the boot. So until they see the actual car they can't say it !
Obviously to see the car would cost £150/hr

Fixed.
I found it today it was in the trunk behind the rear bumper .
Couldn't find it without stripping all the carpets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom