Auxiliary Battery SL350 (2104)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Toffee

Car
Merc SL350 2014
Hi Guys - looks like my auxiliary battery is ...busted. It wont hold a charge and some things are not working such as: auto engine switch off and start when stopped at traffic lights. Ok..thanks to your help I know were it is and have tried to charge it. I am now thinking of replacing - i want to ask is this a simple task of buying a replacement (somewhere) removing it and replacing it - like for like - remembering to disconnect the main battery. Anyone got a recommendation what to replace it with. 2014 SL 350 (uk) model (September 2014) any other safety advice. all help very welcome - Col.

Hi,

as easy as carefully disconnecting it and reconnecting the new one. Negative terminal off first and on last.. Do not let the terminals touch the car or wrong battery terminal. I would call Mercedes parts first or try Tanya batteries as a comparison.

Hi,

as easy as carefully disconnecting it and reconnecting the new one. Negative terminal off first and on last.. Do not let the terminals touch the car or wrong battery terminal. I would call Mercedes parts first or try Tanya batteries as a comparison.
Thank you Wearthefoxhat.

Does anyone know what type the battery actually is please. I looked on Tanya but they seem to be listing the main battery with lots of options - could be my fault for not asking the right question.

I did a check on mine recently and found giving it an overnight charge was a temporary cure, I did a search on a new battery and a couple came up, but you will need to photo the battery and google the part number for a accurate size and rating.
Mine was a Fiamm A000 982 70 08, the thread is here

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom