Auxiliary belt replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John clk220

Car
Clk220 cdi
I need to change the aux bell on my clk, it's a 2006 220cdi, I have bought the replacement belt from euros, it's a continental 6PK 2260, now I'm no numpty but I can't get it on ! Locked the tensioner and tried everything, it's routed correctly ( I checked a photo I took to make sure)
All the grooves are in line, the only thing I can see is that the grooves on the belt don't look very deep, could it be faulty?

John

I can do these in less than 5 minutes, you must be doing something wrong, put both belts around your foot and pull it up to check they are the same, you might not be on a pulley correctly, maybe crank/ac where you can't see.

Easy way to check is the numbers on the old belt,they give you the length of the belt and the number of grooves. The new belt should carry the same numbers. 6PK2260 should be the right one,they could have given you the shorter one for the non aircon application.

Last edited:
I can do these in less than 5 minutes, you must be doing something wrong, put both belts around your foot and pull it up to check they are the same, you might not be on a pulley correctly, maybe crank/ac where you can't see.

Do this first, it should match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom