Auxiliary socket for Audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
SuzyCute now has her A-class and is smiling an awful lot!!

What is the easiest way to get an auxiliary socket onto Audio 20 (older one - car is 2005)? She can use her MP3/phone then for music

In an ideal world we would get COMAND, but too pricy :(

Will also need handsfree so what about Bluetooth?

Drill 18mm hole below that circular air vent control in the glovebox.

Add this Aux input for cars with Audio-20 or COMAND NTG2 version | W169 A, W245 B, Sprinter, Vito, Viano | COMAND Retrofit parts | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd (which plugs into the quadlock which plugs into the stereo)

Hold down CDC button for a few seconds to select it !

Richard

Thanks Richard - don't suppose I can get at the quadlock without taking the stereo out? If I recall it is fairly major job on a W169!!

Thanks Richard - don't suppose I can get at the quadlock without taking the stereo out? If I recall it is fairly major job on a W169!!

If it is anything like the facelift W169, it is an easy 10 min job to get the stereo out. The hardest part I find is removing the heater control surround without damaging the Aluminum trim. I found the best way to remove this is to use the original MB cluster hooks to pull on one corner until it gives and then moving onto the next corner. The same hooks are very handy for removing the central vents too!

It isn't that hard, but when using the hooks go no where near the metal side trims or you will dent them

Richard.

Drill 18mm hole below that circular air vent control in the glovebox.

Add this Aux input for cars with Audio-20 or COMAND NTG2 version | W169 A, W245 B, Sprinter, Vito, Viano | COMAND Retrofit parts | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd (which plugs into the quadlock which plugs into the stereo)

Hold down CDC button for a few seconds to select it !

Richard

OK, I am probably wide of the mark but if I used one of the above with a Bluetooth audio receiver powered as per Timster's excellent how-to) would I have a quasi Bluetooth solution for routing audio and calls from Sue's mobile so that they would be on the car speakers? Of course it would have to be controlled via the handset and the handset positioned so that the microphone could be used (unless someone has another idea for that aspect?)

Sounds far too simple! :eek:

You should consider upgrading to the Audio 20 '2.5' (with the colour screen) which comes with integrated BT and can be controlled from the steering wheel. You would need a BT antenna, mic and reroute the FM antenna power. I think there are kits to retrofit the Audio 20 '2.5' for this out there.

You should consider upgrading to the Audio 20 '2.5' (with the colour screen) which comes with integrated BT and can be controlled from the steering wheel. You would need a BT antenna, mic and reroute the FM antenna power. I think there are kits to retrofit the Audio 20 '2.5' for this out there.

Would love to - but my bank manager has other ideas! Sub £100 possible at a stretch but north of that not :(

You can easily pickup a used Audio 20 '2.5' for around £100, but you will have to factor in the additional cabling for the mic and BT antenna. But doing this way will give you an OEM solution complete with steering wheel control.

BTW, I haven't done this on my daughter's 2006 W169. No because it is difficult, but for the reason that I don't really want a young driver distracted by phone calls - even if they are hands free ones. But if you are going to go down the route of having BT, then best to make it as integrated and as safe as possible to avoid any 'problems' later.

Last edited:
OK, I am probably wide of the mark but if I used one of Richards Aux input for A169 with a Bluetooth audio receiver (powered as per Timster's excellent how-to) would I have a quasi Bluetooth solution for routing audio and calls from Sue's mobile so that they would be on the car speakers? Of course it would have to be controlled via the handset and the handset positioned so that the microphone could be used (unless someone has another idea for that aspect?) Sounds far too simple! :eek:

Anybody have any comment on this as to feasibility?

You can easily pickup a used Audio 20 '2.5' for around £100, but you will have to factor in the additional cabling for the mic and BT antenna. But doing this way will give you an OEM solution complete with steering wheel control.

Everything I have seen is £140 upwards :dk:

Gollom said:
Anybody have any comment on this as to feasibility? Everything I have seen is £140 upwards :dk:

There's a post on here about using a £25 BT adapter to stream music and route phone calls to speakers think it might have been by SPX

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

There's a post on here about using a £25 BT adapter to stream music and route phone calls to speakers think it might have been by SPX.

Thanks Ian. That is the same one I referred to in my post so gives the confirmation I need! Cheers

Anybody have any comment on this as to feasibility?

Everything I have seen is £140 upwards :dk:

I have upgraded a couple of facelift W169 from Audio 20 2.5 to the MB SatNAv NTG 2.5 and looking to sell off the Audio 20 2.5 at some point.

I have two, both in perfect physical condition but one of them has a tendency to 'forget' the BT pairing overnight.

Gollom said:
Would this work on a W211 with Audio 20?

Would this work on a W211 with Audio 20?

No. W211 Audio-20 (NTG1) has no AUX input circuitry. The later NTG2.5 Audio-20 does but afaik you always got the AUX connector in the glovebox if you have that (i.e Model Year 2009 onwards with phone buttons green and red instead of white).

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom