Auxillary 12volt socket in boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
Hi everyone,

This is my first posting on this forum so I'll start with a simple hello.

I've just sold my first MB which was an A Class & bought a 2002 220 cdi coupe.

My question is I'd like to fit a n auxillary 12 volt socket in the boot,as anyone else carried out this small mod ?

If so is there a purpose socket tucked in the boot somewhere? I know that Lofty has done this mod on his baby benz & has great photos on his home page, so is a simple job or one that needs additional wiring to somewhere else in the car.

:eek:
Ta Dave

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting on this forum so I'll start with a simple hello.

I've just sold my first MB which was an A Class & bought a 2002 220 cdi coupe.

My question is I'd like to fit a n auxillary 12 volt socket in the boot,as anyone else carried out this small mod ?

If so is there a purpose socket tucked in the boot somewhere? I know that Lofty has done this mod on his baby benz & has great photos on his home page, so is a simple job or one that needs additional wiring to somewhere else in the car.

:eek:
Ta Dave

Hi dave and welcome, yes there is a kit for 90% of the cars that includes the socket and wiring, on average they cost £35 from MB dealers

You can do this much cheaper by buying the socket and wire along with a fuse holder, the choice is yours

You can do this much cheaper by buying the socket and wire along with a fuse holder, the choice is yours

mine cost me less than a fiver using that method and it's on a permanent live which is switched so I can use it when the ignition is off for light loads or turn it off completely when we park the car if we have the fridge in the back and avoid flat batteries.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom