Auxillary Battery Malfunction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iddy112

Car
W212 E63 S
Hi guys,

Just had the auxillary battery malfunction light in my E63. Its a 2014 W212 on 21k. Anyone had this before? Is it just a case of replacing the aux battery in the boot? If so any recommendations of a good quality replacement that will stand the test of time?

Thanks in advance

Iddy

Must admit to thinking the Aux battery in the W212 was in the dash end panel, not in the boot...

Just changed mine at a cost of £129.10 from a Merc dealer out here in Spain. Battery is indeed in the spare tyre well or boot for short

Thanks guys. Does anyone know if changing the battery will definately solve the issue?

Thanks guys. Does anyone know if changing the battery will definately solve the issue?

If your getting the warning message come up then you need to replace the battery. It's a small but heavy sealed gel battery, takes five minutes to swop over. Yes it cures the problem

Yes had this on mine...

The aux Battery runs various parts of the electronic system... adaptive cruise and so on.
Mine failed on exactly the same millage and year.. so that wierd, but i replaced with a battery from Euro Car Parts, cost me £64 (AGM battries are usually more expensive and my dealer wanted £180)

On doing some research it seems a common fault with the e classes, well those with the start stop function. Thanks for the advice. Will look into getting it replaced :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom