Availability

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marku

Car
Viano Ambiente 2.2CDI W639, S-Class 450SE W116
Had Goodyear 225 55 R17 W101 Eagle NCT from new. When these needed replacement told they were now unavailable and so had to settle for Goodyear Efficient Grip. Had one damaged beyond repair recently and went for a replacement to be told that they were unavailable and had to settle for Goodyear Asymetric F1 which to me looks a pretty crude tyre, although it does seem to run more quietly which has to be good. Probably because the tread has been reduced so much and largely consists of radial ribs. Do these tyres get replaced so frequently or am I am I being lied to just for a sale.

Both Eagle NCT5 's and EfficientGrip are still available. Your tyre dealer just sold you what he had in stock.
Tyre 225/55 R17 : discount price, free delivery - Tyre Leader

On the positive side, the Asymmetric tyres have a good reputation and have been recommended a lot.

The Asymmetrics are supposed to be one of the best

Reactions: GLK
have to agree, within last month i have just had four GOODYEAR EFFICIENT GRIPS 255/60/17's fitted to my w163, ordered via black circle, £100 per corner fitted.

I thought so but needed the tyre as had a puncture right at the top of the sidewall pity because there was a couple of years wear in it and of course changing pattern meant both tyres particularly on the front. Any way the Asymmetric is growing on me and I will probably have the rears done as well. The only thing is that they seem a much taller tyre although they are 55s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom