avantgarde e320 cdi Inlet manifold butterfly valves?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shell 2003

Car
mercedes e320 cdi auto estate
Hello, I have an e320 estate (03 plate) which is losing power. Star diagnostics originally showed an P1189 Inlet port shutoff valve and p0100 hot film maf sensor. fault. We had some work done to the car recently ( see below) and now Star is coming up with code p1189-016 M55 (inlet port shutoff motor) positioner signals fault (message through ground keyring)
The MAF fault has gone and there is another fault " p2502 The gear is implausible or the transmission is slipping."
I have had mixed advice, all relating to the butterfly valves on inlet manifold. Can't buy them as separate parts so would have to replace whole manifold. Some mechanics willing to try and clean them up but others saying not to risk it as they get brittle through cleaning and can damage the engine?
Apparantly there's a part that moves up and down the rail that is moving, but not moving far enough. Sorry i'm not very technical- this is what happens when women try to talk about cars haha.
What are the odds of attempting to clean the valves without damaging engine? Anybody done this with success? Thanks

Recent work:
Turbo reconditioned
New exhaust back box
Had some injector seals replaced at dodgy garage and they damaged cylinder head (since repaired with chemical metal which is still soft
crazy.gif
) and we had problems with two injectors leaking (they have tried to rectify this also). There is a small amount of liquid seeping out of the chemical metal but garage reassured me that it is not causing a problem.

I had mine fixed in the open position. Drives fine and no errors

The utter bodgers! An expoxy repair here is not to be accepted - you should insist on a replacement head.

You needs a STAR diagnosis, really. This all looks likely to be costly, if you're not DIYing on an 03 plate.

I assume it's a late W210 with the OM613 engine? I've one for spares, if so.

Thought I would post an update- injector/head trouble still being investigated through trading standards but in relation to lack of power, butterfly valve etc, the other half bought a bottle of Red Ex diesel cleaner, used it once and noticed a slight improvement. Unsure whether it was all in our minds or not so we bought another bottle and stuck that in about 3 tanks later and like a magic potion it has fixed our troubles!!!! Car drives perfectly- amazing stuff, not sure what it has done exactly but touch wood- everything seems great. Turbo working really well, no loss of power, much smoother drive! Going to plug it in and clear old faults- hoping that the redex loosened things up again by getting rid of some carbon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom