Avast antivirus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
My Mcafee subscription ran out today so I have deleted it and installed avast antivirus and now use windows firewall and defender in vista...

Has anyone else used this - any feedback?

One Way Only!

Dont know about Vista but I think in XP the windows firewall is only one way-prevents nasties from entering but in the event of one getting thro -a trojan/ keylogger etc it provides no check on outgoing material. So only half as effective as a McAfee Symantec etc. Even the zone alarm freebee is 2 way AFAIK

I'm using Avast on Vista Business, have been since January. Apart from the woop, woop, woop followed by a Canadian voice when it thinks there is a virus or a dodgy email, I like it. McAfee is a pain, I haven't used it for a couple of years and when I deleted it is still kept giving me warnings that I needed to renew my subscription, took ages to find out what was driving that and get rid of it.

I'm using Avast on Vista Business, have been since January. Apart from the woop, woop, woop followed by a Canadian voice when it thinks there is a virus or a dodgy email, I like it. McAfee is a pain, I haven't used it for a couple of years and when I deleted it is still kept giving me warnings that I needed to renew my subscription, took ages to find out what was driving that and get rid of it.

Yes I like it too -- but what are you using as your firewall?

I do not know alot about avast antivirus, but i use windows vista firewall along with Norton, im running vista home pre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom