Avatars and signatures - useful/entertaining or a waste of space?

Should we allow avatars and signatures?

• Yes, they are ok

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • No, they are guff

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What do the panel think?

We were all asked to comment - so I did.

You appear to object to EVERYTHING on these forums recently, looking through your post history you never seem to ever contribute anything Mercedes related at all (or cars for that matter) yet you are always happy to voice your opinion on what should or shouldnt be on this a car forum.

:dk:

EDIT: Oh, and my Avatar has been here for the best part of 7 years without anyone ever commenting on it, at Christmas I even added a Santa's hat to her.

I don't comment on that that I don't know. If I have no knowledge of a particular Mercedes - then I won't pretend I have.

Is it because I expess a view about the West's obsession with gun culture that you feel the need to defend your avatar so vehemently?

Why do you want to or feel you have the right to promote gun culture on what is we are constantly reminded, supposed to be a family friendly forum?

If you want me to leave just say.

Is a picture of a hunter-killer submarine any better ??

If you are asking me, yes it is.
It is of a legitimate part of self defence. Not an item illegal in this country being indiscriminately and offensively aimed. Imagery that is not permitted pre-watershed on TV. Family friendly forum?

I've nothing more to say on this.

i dont think developer was looking for this sort of response
crikey!

I wonder if the north Koreans use the flag of south korea as avatars :dk::):)

As soon as I have 1 I like I'll be adding it, nothing wrong with a little indivuality.

If all contributors looked the same we may as well sell our Mercedes and all have Renault Clio's...and Who the hell wants that???

I can see Bellow's point about having a gun pointed at you. When it happened to me I was quite disconcerted. I *imagine* there are more traumatised people that would find it deeply concerning.

That said I quite like it and the links to AJ/LC/TR
The avatar has never bothered me whatsoever.

--------------------------
No signature today out of consideration for those that find pink vans worrisome.

Finisterre, I will be, with others, in Ladybower Inn on 23rd August.

Bring the pink van....

Ta

Steve

When posting, I can see the tick box to switch off my signature, but most of the time there's no point in showing it. Is there a way of turning off my signature most of the time and only displaying it when I think it may be of use/interest?

When posting, I can see the tick box to switch off my signature, but most of the time there's no point in showing it. Is there a way of turning off my signature most of the time and only displaying it when I think it may be of use/interest?

Yes, just delete the signature completely.

Don't worry, you'll never miss it and neither will anyone else. :D

For those who don't know:

User CP (top left on the menu bar), Edit Options (on the left), Thread Display Options (scroll down a bit on the right).

If you find Avatars and/or Signatures offensive or a waste of space just un-tick the option to display either or both, then you won't see them any more.

Simples.

You appear to object to EVERYTHING on these forums recently, looking through your post history you never seem to ever contribute anything Mercedes related at all (or cars for that matter) yet you are always happy to voice your opinion on what should or shouldnt be on this a car forum.

:dk:

EDIT: Oh, and my Avatar has been here for the best part of 7 years without anyone ever commenting on it, at Christmas I even added a Santa's hat to her.
Shoot him Captain Mainwairing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom