Avatars and signatures - useful/entertaining or a waste of space?

Should we allow avatars and signatures?

• Yes, they are ok

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • No, they are guff

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I noticed while perusing today someone suggested how one might "preference" out signatures and the like when viewing posts, describing them as "guff"

Are they guff?

I put a photo and spec of my car that I assumed other MB enthusiasts might enjoy, however, I've seen a couple of signatures that talk about picking up a turd by the clean end, which doesn't sit comfortably with me.

What do the panel think?

A bit of individuality in the anonymity of the Internet is a good thing.

My avatar seems to cheer people up, cant be a bad thing these days.

just a bit of fun,some are food for thought,let them stay.

I like mine. The big white dog had to be put to sleep a few weeks ago so it makes me smile when I see him there. Alice? who F*** is Alice?

Express your self as you see fit. Our part of the world is free after all.

A splash of colour harms no one.

I noticed while perusing today someone suggested how one might "preference" out signatures and the like when viewing posts, describing them as "guff"

Are they guff?

I put a photo and spec of my car that I assumed other MB enthusiasts might enjoy, however, I've seen a couple of signatures that talk about picking up a turd by the clean end, which doesn't sit comfortably with me.

What do the panel think?
I like the Avatars but am with you on unessessary verbiage which is often added.

guff, and adblocked accordingly so I never see them.

Why not, as long as they're not offensive.

If the option to disable them is there as a personal choice when viewing, I don't see why they should be a problem :)

I like the avatars. They are personal, I'm getting to the stage that I can recognise many of the regulars by their avatars without looking at the name. As long as the signatures are not offensive I have no real problem with them although seeing the same large image many times in the same thread can be a bit off-putting.

I dont see the harm, as you can choose not to look at them.

Wonder who would be voted as having the most instantly-recognisable avatar...

I dont see the harm, as you can choose not to look at them.

Wonder who would be voted as having the most instantly-recognisable avatar...

Dunno, but I tend to use them to recognise people more easily rather than read. I'd be sad if we could not use them.

Hi
i like the avatars / signatures that show peoples cars
its harmless isnt it?

Hi
i like the avatars / signatures that show peoples cars
its harmless isnt it?

Yep, some people are misery guts that are only happy ....... Wait.... Erm they are never happy ;)

i want a better one so im on the look out for one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom