Avian 'Flu.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Traveller

Car
MB C220 CDI
The subject of bird 'flu has been fairly quiet for a week or two, last time I read anything about it, the so-called experts were still maintaining that the virus had not, to their knowledge, mutated into something which can be passed from human to human. There were the odd isolated reports of victims in third world countries who'd fallen to the virus, I'm sure you must have heard about those.
However yesterday I picked up a copy of our local paper, and on the front page, it went into the usual well used retoric of the disease....but with a distinct difference.
It never referred to "if it happens", more in the line of "when it happens", taking quotations from some highly qualified pathogen biologist, who went on to say, "it's only a matter of time until the pandemic starts", and it will last for a fairly considerable time.
The piece went on to say that health authorities were more or less ready for it, apart from a shortage of a certain anti-viral drug, which they're not sure if it'll work anyway.
It seemed a strange swing...I thought I kept my finger on current affairs.
Anybody else picked up on anything similar?
I saw a film about the effects of a 'flu pandemic on humans, it wasn't pretty.:eek:
Perhaps the government are keeping things quiet?
Mushroom syndrome again?

I work for the Environment Agency , and we've had no internal warnings recently ...

I'm not averse to a bit of swan controlling whilst at work ;)

I'm not averse to a bit of swan controlling whilst at work ;)

Careful, there could be children reading this forum..

What ? ;)

Sometimes they fight and we have to seperate them :eek:

I work for the Environment Agency , and we've had no internal warnings recently ...
I ate some curry and had a few internal warnings but nothing to do with flu, I just had to 'flew' to the toilet.

John

The government has decided that it can only run one "scare the populace s***less campaign at a time". If the current cold spell continues, global warming will no longer have an impact so bird flu may well return.

Failing that there is the super volcano under Yellowstone Park or the world ending on 20 December 2012.

Isn't life grand? :D

The government has decided that it can only run one "scare the populace s***less campaign at a time". If the current cold spell continues, global warming will no longer have an impact so bird flu may well return.

Failing that there is the super volcano under Yellowstone Park or the world ending on 20 December 2012.

Isn't life grand? :D

You forgot the Earth being hit by a large asteroid prompting a mass extinction event, thermo-nuclear war, the grey goo nanotechnology scenario, terrorist dirty bombs and Terry Wogan compering the next Eurovision song contest! Who was it that won again?:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom