AVIVA insurance renewal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
I've been with Aviva for about 6 years and my renewal turned up on Saturday. Premium had gone up from £266 to £341 which I thought was a bit much so rang them to ask why the big difference, no reason given.
Started looking around for a new quote and tried a new online quote from Aviva which came out at £289 which was £52 cheaper for the same cover.
The following day had an email asking why I had decided not to renew my policy , rated them 1 out of 10 for all the questions and pointed out that I had a duplicate quote from them at £52 less.
Yesterday went back into the Aviva website to retrieve my quote and check that the details were the same and lo and behold my new quote is now £341 ???????????????????????????

Not to worry - went to Direct Line today and got it for nearly half the price of my renewal from Aviva.

I thought the new rule was that renewals should be the same price as new policies? TBH I think it’s worked out badly for those of us sensible enough to shop around every year as before the lazy folk paid extra and we got better deals as ‘new’ customers….

I thought the new rule was that renewals should be the same price as new policies? TBH I think it’s worked out badly for those of us sensible enough to shop around every year as before the lazy folk paid extra and we got better deals as ‘new’ customers….

They can always play with excesses or details to make the quote different.

My view is what they do is immoral because I've watched older relatives get gouged not because they are not sensible - but because they become quite tentative about changing.

They can always play with excesses or details to make the quote different.

My view is what they do is immoral because I've watched older relatives get gouged not because they are not sensible - but because they become quite tentative about changing.
Insurance companies have no morals.

Well regardless of the new rules if your insurer ups your premium by a fair bit use the comparison sites,this has held good for years,I use them for car and home insurance .

Have a look on go compare web site, they pay your first £250 excess on a claim so that you can get your insurance cheeper adjusting your amount of excess.

Filched from another thread or forum...

“Mr Insurer, how can you quote such low premiums?”

“Easy - we don’t pay out any claims”

A case of many a truth spoken in jest?

Anyone using multi car insurance options through comparison websites? I had contract with aviva and also prices hick up for 30% up. Considering now "more then" or "Hastings" insurance companies as they offered quite good prices and options.

I have two cars on LV. They cover my modifications too.

Whether its car insurance, house insurance, or roadside recovery, they all discount to get you in and then increase prices once you're in.

Regardless of "the law."

You can switch, for sure, but you can just ask for a lower price.

The danger in switching just on price is that you get a lower service level: from automated processes, online changes, and extras for amendments (Direct Line, I'm talking about you)

I'd say, just know their process and refuse to take their opening quote.

I've been with Aviva for about 6 years and my renewal turned up on Saturday. Premium had gone up from £266 to £341 which I thought was a bit much so rang them to ask why the big difference, no reason given.
Started looking around for a new quote and tried a new online quote from Aviva which came out at £289 which was £52 cheaper for the same cover.
The following day had an email asking why I had decided not to renew my policy , rated them 1 out of 10 for all the questions and pointed out that I had a duplicate quote from them at £52 less.
Yesterday went back into the Aviva website to retrieve my quote and check that the details were the same and lo and behold my new quote is now £341 ???????????????????????????

Not to worry - went to Direct Line today and got it for nearly half the price of my renewal from Aviva.
My experience with insurance renewal earlier this month :rolleyes:

I tried to complete the quote from More Than on line (Comparethemarket) and it was pretty much impossible. I then rang More Than in order to pay them. The lady at More Than told me she could not find the £283 quote even though the quote said it was valid until the 9th June. :(

OK I said lets start afresh and see where we go. After spending a good 1/2 hour answering all of the questions fired at me she then quoted a figure of £706 !!! How come the quote on Comparethemarket was £283 and now you are telling me it is £706 I ask. All she could say was that in accordance with the information I had given her £706 was the best they could do, conversation terminated there and then :eek:

I then contacted my previous insurer LVE, quoted my policy number and asked what was the best they could do bearing in mind that the renewal quote was £60 mare than last years premium and I hadn't cost them a single penny in claims against them. Best they could do was £305, just £10 more that last year. OK we will go ahead with that, they already had my card details on file so job done. Less than five minutes on the phone, simples :)

Hi, new joiner here: My wife is insured through Aviva and we swapped our car yesterday at midday. She had an SLK that we were trading in for a C200 and we needed to change over at midday. She tried to do it in advance (just being organised) and the website had some guff about only being able to do it at midnight. She emailed them to explain that we couldn't drive to the dealer at midnight, so would need it to change over at midday. Then 'computer says no!' was the response. :( (Said something about their underwriters not allowing it).

I was prepared with a quote from RAC for a single day policy for £19, but we saw that any changes done on the day were in effect immediately, so I took my laptop to the dealers and we did it before we drove home. Only then did we see a comment that when changing over cars they leave your old one on cover for the rest of the day, so we could have done it in advance after all! Bloomin' useless advice they gave on the email when their own website.

On the plus side, they didn't charge any admin for the change and the new quote (2016 C200 Petrol AMG Line vs 2011 SLK250 petrol) was the same price at £170 for the year. I guess that being retired helps, though I'm under 60 myself as a named driver.

I recently insured a cheap Fiesta and put my wife on the insurance: Just having her on the policy brought it down from £190 to £155 or so (I'm ex-company car driver so didn't have official no claims, only a letter from my old HR dept). Insurance companies baffle me at times, but on the plus side today she drove the Fiesta so I could take the 'new' C200 out. :)

Hello there.

I just cancelled insurance for two cars with aviva recently, tried confused com website.

Got quite good quote from Hastings insurance, around 30% cheaper than previous provider.

So have a look.

Thanks, despite their email we were able to change over the policy while we were at the dealers: It was £171 for the whole year (same as the previous SLK250 and we increased from 4000 to 8000 miles a year) so no extra cost at all as they don't charge for admin. It's due in September so we will look at Hastings as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom