Avoid Mary Street Car Park, Canning Town

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
This car park has a reputation for people breaking windows and nicking stuff out of cars. It's what happened to me today. Car is now with MB Stratford. So stay away and don't ignore advice like what I did.
Nothing of note was in the car except for EUR change in a bag (£20 odd) and I think that's it. I've yet to check the boot fully but I believe it's not possible to use the boot button by the gear stick when the alarm is on. I never leave stuff in the car and am glad I didn't. Just glass everywhere and a new rear triangular window.
Bugger!
I will be asking them for a discount as I am a good customer there.
Insurance is no use as excess will probably be less than the bill.
Les

That's a real pain. At least it's a cheap/easy fix. A friend of mine had his Golf broken into - they neatly cut the window rubber, and left the unbroken pane on the back seat!

On the other hand a car I had needed a whole new door after it was broken into by levering the door skin away from the window glass with a crowbar :( This was for a cheap Halfords radio/cassette that would have changed hands afterwards for about a fiver.

Druggies...............

hate them

Damn!

I am parked there as I type and the rest of my day at work is going to be shyte! This is definitely the last time I,ll be parking my Benz there.

I parked my 307 there for almost a year sometimes as early as 0600 in the winter when it is dark and never had a break in. I did see a VW Bora with 2 broken windows last week and should have read between the lines. Stupid me!

If I may ask where you parked there at night/ overnight or did it get broken into during the day?

Maud Street car park, Canning Town

1425 update:

Picked up my car and it was intact, Thank goodness! :):):rock: DITTRICH gave me a big scare. Surely wont be parking my Merc there anymore. Back to the 307 for work then.

after living in east london most of my life, canning town, car park and merc just dont fit together! luckily it was just the window and the car was still there!

I live close by also but I wouldnt even park my car in canning town.
Rather catch the DLR if I ever need to go there

The thought of leaving the 55 parked in many parts of town gives me the heebeejeebees.

I made a surprise visit to the inlaws a couple of weeks ago, but it back-fired as they were delayed. I therefore got the joy of sitting in the car parked up in what would be one of the better streets in Streatham at 10pm on a wet tuesday night.

In the space of 1 hour two different "people" wandered up to the car for a good look inside/around, not realising (with the rain and darkened glass) that i was actually sitting in the car.

Not good.

I normally park in my company's car park at Canning Town where is it watched by cctv and "safe" (famous last words). Still, it is all sorted now at MB Stratford who dealt with the problem by 12 noon the next day.
I think the worst part of the car park seems to be the south east corner "white" lined bays which fill up last (I now know why). Crazy thing is I have been using that car park around 10 times over the last 6 months without incident until now.
The car was broken into between 0930 and 1700 hours.
Even I wouldn't leave it there overnight unless I wanted it stolen.
Les

I parked my 306 just off Barking Road a few weeks ago, came back and my CD Player had been nicked, and I had the facia for it in my pocket!!!

I also live in East London...should'a known better but hey...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom